My Argentinian wife really dislikes the US. Typical of Argentinians?

I prefer Argentina to the States in many aspects, I am a US citizen but it’s been awhile since I’ve worked in the US and I am currently living in a ‘red’ state where believe it or not, getting health care has been like asking someone for an arm, and it’s now going on 2 months and I still am without health coverage/access to medication= inhumane, unethical, and just unbelievable pardon my naïveté, but in Argentina I got health care in 1 day and it was excellent (a doctor who had gone to medical school in Connecticut) and the same with Europe, also the extreme political correctness of everything just bugs the heck out of me, but for me staying in Argentina during these troubled times was the equivalent of being in a sort of toxic relationship where you are so attached because of so many fond memories and good times you’ve had yet you know that you need to end it for your own good long-term wise.

I literally left Buenos Aires like a kid who doesn’t want to leave a candy store. Then when I got home to the states and realized that my dry cleaner had been shafting me and that things had been stolen from my suitcase on my flight (the only place it could have occurred was at Ezeiza- I took a direct flight) it reminded me of one of the main things I will NOT miss about BA, the viveza criolla among other things that really impair positive thoughts of life in BA.

Actually you were covered health insurance wise right away of you were willing to use public hospitals

Yes, and I thought that in my particular case the public system in Argentina was excellent.

This is where I had the doctor who had gone to med school in Connecticut that I would say was upper echelon US quality.

Actually, with some chronic illnesses the public system has better and more advanced resources than private.

Good to know that the right wingers here haven't lost their cluelessness.

Yes, and I thought that in my particular case the public system in Argentina was excellent.

This is where I had the doctor who had gone to med school in Connecticut that I would say was upper echelon US quality.

Actually, with some chronic illnesses the public system has better and more advanced resources than private.

There are some excellent doctors working in public hospitals. They invariably work in private hospitals as well to earn enough to live on. It's not true however that the public hospitals have better resources. Their facilities are very inadequate compared to the best private hospitals like IADT and others. One example: a US friend had a heart attack and was taken to a public hospital. The doctor in charge told the friend who took him to the guardia that they could not do much for him but that if he could pay for care at IADT he stood a chance. That's where he wound up and they did save his life. He was nearly a month recuperating at IADT. Another case I know of: a man almost totally severed his hand doing carpentry. His wife rushed him to a public hospital. They asked if he had private insurance. Yes. He went to a private hospital where they were able to restore the hand. They could not have done that at the public hospital.

Back