My cat & I are new to BA, I need some advice :)

Tera

Registered
Hello,
My name is Tera. I just moved to Buenos Aires from California about a month ago. Does anyone have advice on where to find a place that can take care of my cat when I am out of town? Maybe a kennel or a cat sitter? I am also in need of better quality cat food if you know where to get any?
Thanks for any help.

-Tera :)

I have a great pet sitter, his name is Branwell Mahon, he's irish and married to a lovely porteña. His # is 15 3870 3977

I tried that number but I think it said it is not in service. Maybe you have an email or alternate number for him? Also, I'm wondering how he works. Do I take my cat to stay at his house or does he come to my place? Thanks again for the response. :)

You are looking for "better quality" cat food... better quality than what? What are you currently feeding your cat?

Most of the veterinary clinics sell higher end catfood. I use Royal Canin fit32 for my cat (3 years old) and it's pretty nice. There are some other "good" brands available too, but you're not going to find any organic or REALLY good cat food here like nutromax and the like.

As for catsitting--I've only ever used friends. I don't know that I'd trust someone I don't know. Best of luck!

Tera said:
I tried that number but I think it said it is not in service. Maybe you have an email or alternate number for him? Also, I'm wondering how he works. Do I take my cat to stay at his house or does he come to my place? Thanks again for the response. :)

Sorry about that, try this number. 15 6499 7688. He does cat care in the clients home, I don't know if he would take the cat back to his place as he has a few of his own.

Cheers.

cheshire_cat said:
I beg your pardon? Do you think you know me? Where from? I've never met you in person. Honestly, I don't really understand how you can talk about me, and to me, like this. You're a stranger to me, and I don't know who you are.
I've done nothing wrong here, which you don't seem to understand. I used to be Branwell Mahon's client, he still owes me money (and an apology), and it was his wife who spoke on his behalf and told me he'd no longer work for me, in a very disgusting, rude and agressive way. I'm still keeping her messages.
You can't reply to that, as you weren't there!
Sueing them is my right and my choice - again, what do you have to do with this? Nothing.
... Anyway, they do have a sick cat, Branwell is not vaccinated against any animal diseases, he's a personal trainer -not a pet sitter-, the cat's name is Ivan and he vomits every time he eats plastic; it was Branwell himself who told me he has to go after his wife all the time, preventing her from leaving plastic carelessly everywhere (it doesn't sound like neglecting?).
Whatever gossip you're spreading, it doesn't change the facts!
BTW, nice to meet you.

Ok well I am glad that you finally admitted that you are a former PERSONAL TRAINING CLIENT of Branwell's. He never cared for your pets and it's not your right to bash and defame him over something that you have never contracted him for. Again, my advice to you is LET GO OF THIS. If Branwell owes you money, there are ways of communicating that to him, carta documento, e-mail, however you see fit. If his wife was rude to you well then don't communicate with her anymore. You took advantage of this posting about CAT SITTING, which I can vouch for Branwell 100%. He took care of my cat when I was out of town, with the best of care, my cat was never happier when I came back from a trip. You are only doing damage to potential people who need someone to care for their pets. You gain NOTHING by bashing and obsessing over a client-tranier-friendship that went bad. You are damaging his life. You can find another personal trainer, he has to find new clients and your blog, defamatory lies about him having a diseased cat, taking pictures of his building, talking about menu items in blogs, are only going to cause you problems, Nadina. Just stop this already! You are obviously a highly intelligent person, however you have major issues with abandonment which you need to address with a professional. PLEASE STOP TORMENTING BRANWELL AND LIZ. GET OVER THIS. GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE. PLEASE FOR EVERYBODY´S SAKE.

Cat food.. I make my cat and also when anyone is coming over I have them pick me up some tried and wet food from Whole foods. But I make my cats food because it's actually cheaper to make. I spend 20 pesos on two weeks of fresh food, dried crappy food, cost the bad one 14 pesos the good one and not even quality, 28 pesos, that last for 3 -4 weeks, anyway, if you have the time, make the cats food, brush her teeth to avoid the vets here and give her taurine, put it in the food if you make it. I can give my recipe that I use for my cat's food. Did you bring a food processor from your country, if not, try and find one that is good, it will save you time. It takes me one hour to make her food every week. I use brown rice, carrots, chicken (organic), one egg, egg shells, taurine, brocolli or dandelion, vitamin e, and if you can afford it, I cannot, chia seed oil.
I brought my safflower oil from the states, but ran out. You can use organic butter if you want but I prefer not to. I also brought from the states vitamin powder for pets from an organic store in the states. But you don't need to do all of this, you can make fresh food for her, and avoid the vitamins by mixing her fresh food with the crappy dried food, and this will guarantee she gets enough vitamins.
If you have any questions on how to prepare it, PM me and I will be glad to help you out. Vets here are mediocre, and not update on pet care. I will tell you how to store cat food,,how to mix it, what not to do, i learned the hard way, messing up my first batches of cat food. I understand how you feel, when i arrived here with my cat I realized I had to make her food, or she would die of kidney problems. Good luck.

mhenna11 said:
, when i arrived here with my cat I realized I had to make her food, or she would die of kidney problems. Good luck.

how so? is she sick?

Go to VQ Pet Shop, Godoy Cruz y Juncal. They have hills, and another brands.

Back