My Dream Apartment In Buenos Aires, What's Yours?

Joe

Registered
My dream apartment in Buenos Aires is a top floor apartment in Palacio de los Patos

Next choice would be the two apartments on the corner of Arabe Siria and Arenales facing the Botanico.

040%20Los%20patos%201932.jpg

Last night I was in an apartment that is opposite of Congresso in some sort of tower. You can see it in this picture, it's the second red tower: http://www.arcondebuenosaires.com.ar/plaza-congreso-nva2.JPG The view is pretty great.

Joe, I thought your dream apartment would've been the room they rent out the back here:
NSGKo4R.png

Reactions: Joe
Last night I was in an apartment that is opposite of Congresso in some sort of tower. You can see it in this picture, it's the second red tower: http://www.arcondebu...ngreso-nva2.JPG The view is pretty great.

I hadn't noticed those two apartments before, but I have been in one very close to there. In the photo you linked, other side of the street, right side of the photo, 1/4 way down from the top of the photo is another corner apartment in a sort of tower. Friend of mine was going to rent that place long term until the person managing the rentals screwed him over (long story) and my buddy still has a car in the parked in the garage there (the leftover of the deal they were working on).

Really cool place - about 150 sq mtrs total, access to private space on the roof with a parilla, top floor has 4 windows distributed around with plenty of light (though the windows are small) - perfect for an office, the second floor is a half floor bedroom and bathroom, bottom floor quite nice with a kitchen, guest bath and such.

I would have loved to live there myself, just wasn't big enough for me and the family/

One of my favorite BA apartment buildings is at the intersection of Riobamba and Aranales in Recoleta.

A member of baexpats actually owns an apartment in the building, but I haven't seen any recent posts so it's doubtful he will read this and post a photo.

Perhaps someone who lives in Recoleta can take a photo and post it here. There will be no doubt which building I am referring to when they arrive at the intersection.

I live in mine.
But I wouldnt mind a little office/artist studio in Palacio Barolo. Up high, above where the elevator goes.

My dream apartment in Buenos Aires is a top floor apartment in Palacio de los Patos

Next choice would be the two apartments on the corner of Arabe Siria and Arenales facing the Botanico.

040%20Los%20patos%201932.jpg

I used to live across the street from that building - it was such a gorgeous view!

Reactions: Joe
One of my favorite BA apartment buildings is at the intersection of Riobamba and Aranales in Recoleta.

A member of baexpats actually owns an apartment in the building, but I haven't seen any recent posts so it's doubtful he will read this and post a photo.

Perhaps someone who lives in Recoleta can take a photo and post it here. There will be no doubt which building I am referring to when they arrive at the intersection.

Is this the one you are thinking of? http://tinyurl.com/pssh7e3

Is this the one you are thinking of? http://tinyurl.com/pssh7e3

Yes, thanks:

DSC00384.JPG

Seeing this photo reminded me that this was the last place I saw the lovely and gracious forum member Dee Hirsch, AKA reeldee (RIP), sitting at the first sidewalk table to the right of the entrance. She attended the expat lunches in 2009 and I'm glad I had the opportunity to speak with her several times.

Yes, thanks:

Seeing this photo reminded me that this was the last place I saw the lovely and gracious forum member Dee Hirsch, AKA reeldee (RIP), sitting at the first sidewalk table to the right of the entrance. She attended the expat lunches in 2009 and I'm glad I had the opportunity to speak with her several times.
When I was renting Garryl's apartment, I passed this apartment several times and it was my favorite apartment building in BA until I discovered Palacio de los Patos. What happened to Reeldee?

Back