MY football team

pez

Registered
As the season starts I have decided it is time to support a team. That is the same team every single weekend. How do I go about this? The same way I pick horses in a race - by choosing the colors I like best? By supporting the same team as my work colleagues so we can celebrate and comisarate together? Or do I just jump on the Boca Juniors / River Plate band wagon, the same as most other foreigners?

Well, like you, it's easier to jump on the bandwagon, and living on the southside of the Capital, that would mean Boca.... BUT, I have always liked to support my local team, and I have two to choose from, Independiente and Racing, and even a third in Arsenal who are a stones throw away.

Well, I weighed up the process, and as a Liverpool fan back in the Premiership in England, I couldn't see myself following anyone called Arsenal, too many rivalries back there. So, left with Avellaneda's finest in Independiente and Racing... Which to choose, which team is better, or which team would be more "sociable"..... Finally it came down to my old local team, Stockport County... They wear Blue and White, and I was used to singing "Davey Jones's Blue & White Army" back in the days, and as Racing wear Blue and White, they have been adopted...

So this Apertura, it's Racing all the way.... My team won 1-0 over All Boys on Saturday, so WOO WOO WOO - Go Racing!!!!!!

Reactions: Hop
Independiente for me..only cos they have a link with Nottingham Forest.many years ago Forest toured here,whooped them,and others,and presented them with a new red and white kit,which they wear to this day.so ner....

im river, but not for bandwaggon - 1 - their stadium is 5 blocks away from my house (i can hear the singing) - 2 - anti-boca. anti-maradona. nuff said

Liam3494 said:
Well, like you, it's easier to jump on the bandwagon, and living on the southside of the Capital, that would mean Boca.... BUT, I have always liked to support my local team, and I have two to choose from, Independiente and Racing, and even a third in Arsenal who are a stones throw away.

Well, I weighed up the process, and as a Liverpool fan back in the Premiership in England, I couldn't see myself following anyone called Arsenal, too many rivalries back there. So, left with Avellaneda's finest in Independiente and Racing... Which to choose, which team is better, or which team would be more "sociable"..... Finally it came down to my old local team, Stockport County... They wear Blue and White, and I was used to singing "Davey Jones's Blue & White Army" back in the days, and as Racing wear Blue and White, they have been adopted...

So this Apertura, it's Racing all the way.... My team won 1-0 over All Boys on Saturday, so WOO WOO WOO - Go Racing!!!!!![/quote

Liverpool fan supporting Racing Club?

That would be impossible for a Celtic fan - they kicked us off the park in the World Club Championship in BA and in the playoff in Montevideo.

Still remembered by many in Scotland !!!

So I come to BA and meet a young porteña and what team does she support?

No prizes for anyone for a correct guess.:)

glasgowjohn said:
Liam3494 said:
So this Apertura, it's Racing all the way.... My team won 1-0 over All Boys on Saturday, so WOO WOO WOO - Go Racing!!!!!![/quote

Liverpool fan supporting Racing Club?

That would be impossible for a Celtic fan - they kicked us off the park in the World Club Championship in BA and in the playoff in Montevideo.

Still remembered by many in Scotland !!!

So I come to BA and meet a young porteña and what team does she support?

No prizes for anyone for a correct guess.:)

Yes, but Independiente beat Liverpool back in 1984 in Tokyo, so that ruled them out of my shortlist.....

As far as I recall, Stockport County have never been beaten by Racing :)...

I was tempted to follow Estudiantes, purely because they beat Utd in 68 ;)...

So your Portena is a Racing fan :)..... See you at the Peron Estadio

LANÚS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check out their coach. He looks like a dude ready to go clubbing rather than a proper DT. Also, no one supports them, so I'm definitely NOT "jumping on the bandwagon".

Arriving very late to this thread. Estudiantes de la Plata is the team for many, many reasons. I would say: because we don´t pretend to be the best or be the "mitad más uno". Anyone willing to go to the Estadio Único de La Plata, please let me know.

For any expat looking for a somewhat well managed club, with few barra bravas, nice football, etc, there is only one option: Velez.
(myself a River fan)

Back