My New Rental In Pesos./any Warnings On This Contract

Ceviche

Registered
quote :-

hacer un contrato de 24 meses entre nosotros sin tener ninguna inmobiliaria de por medio.
Pagar por adelantado entre 6 y 8 meses de alquiler mas el mes de deposito (que este se reintegra al final del contrato)
Para no pedirte ninguna garantia tendriamos que hacer 3 rescisiones de contrato. (la rescision de contrato en un simple papel donde diria que el inquilino en caso de no cumplir con el alquiler tiene que entregar el departamento en las mismas condiciones que lo tomo) estas las hariamos a los 12 meses la primera, 18 meses la segunda y 24 meses la tercera a medida que se van cumpliendo estos plazos estas quedan sin efecto.

: unquote

Comments?

I don't know what he means by "simple paper"!

quote :-

hacer un contrato de 24 meses entre nosotros sin tener ninguna inmobiliaria de por medio.
Pagar por adelantado entre 6 y 8 meses de alquiler mas el mes de deposito (que este se reintegra al final del contrato)
Para no pedirte ninguna garantia tendriamos que hacer 3 rescisiones de contrato. (la rescision de contrato en un simple papel donde diria que el inquilino en caso de no cumplir con el alquiler tiene que entregar el departamento en las mismas condiciones que lo tomo) estas las hariamos a los 12 meses la primera, 18 meses la segunda y 24 meses la tercera a medida que se van cumpliendo estos plazos estas quedan sin efecto.

: unquote

Comments?

I don't know what he means by "simple paper"!

To me, in context, it sounds like a checklist, but I would verify, perhaps ask to see it before signing the contract?

How does one get evidence of payment, if one pays in cash (en efectivo)?

"Rescisiones de contrato" means "termination of contract".

I think you might be OK - what he (or she?) is doing is renting to you under temporary contract lengths, it seems. You can rent a property up to a year (supposedly with one six month period, and then one six month extension) under temporary contract lengths. I've always been told by real estate agents that extending a continuous habitation beyond a year automatically converts the contract into a long-term lease under Argentine law, but I've never seen the actual law that states that.

I'd be very careful about the actual contract, but this may be a decent way to move forward.

Thing is under a temporary contract, it's easier to get someone out of an apartment, which is why he/she is doing this, I'm pretty sure, in lieu of a garantia. This means he could tell you at the end of your first contract (12 months according to what the Spanish says) to vacate the premises immediately if he doesn't like how you are in the apartment.

I would make sure the contract establishes the price that you will pay during the 24 months period (even if he/she wants to put in an inflation clause, that's reasonable) - just make sure you know what your payments will be during that entire two year period.

As far as evidence of payment - make sure he writes you out a receipt and signs it every time you pay. It might even make sense for you, yourself, to go buy a receipt booklet in case he doesn't have one...

BTW - you cannot have any contract that is in contra to any Argentine law. Not that this is unusual in any country, but Argentina actually has defined basic contracts for both short-term and long-term rentals. I would pay a lawyer a small fee to review the contract you guys decide on and make sure, under the law, what your rights actually are, to make sure you are going into this knowingly.

But as I mentioned in my previous post, this could be a good thing for you.

Yes, I will be taking the contract to a expert escribano referred to me highly by people. She is a expert in rental contracts. It will be money well spent to pay her fees and keep myself protected.

I am leaving my landlord after many years ( we had no contract, no receipts, nothing...just pay and live) . So its a BIG step.

Back