My Portano Experiance

LOL Oh God I cannot even go there in my mind. :eek: Previously I have casual social encounters with them but this was the first time I had one living in my house for a week. I think I may have contracted Post Traumatic Stress disorder from the ordeal. :eek:

If you're that sensitive to having your dinner surreptitiously over-seasoned by an Argentine house guest, just imagine the disorder you are likely to contract if you (even try to ) open a distributorship importing metal parts and components (etc.) from the US to Argentina. Now that is something for a true Pensador to think about.
emo51.gif

For those members who didn't read or don't remember:

I am looking at opening a distributorship for a business equipment company down here. I will need to import from the US to Argentina metal parts and components and some inks and other chemical products from the US. Any Expats here ever engaged in this sort of project? Anyone know any good importation consultants?

The whole experience was just to bizarre I felt like I was in the twilight zone for the last week. This cat is loaded too... got the government job, the Rolex, the car, the A to Z crony connections. The cooking ordeal was just one of several experiences but it was a real shocker for me. They left yesterday after which I promptly sought counseling from my good friend Jack Daniels. :blink:

Not sure you should compare an entire city with one muppet

Per my conversations in this neck of woods Porteno is typically used in reference to someone from BA that is not very likable or has bad manners. There are lots of excellent Argies around too no doubt.

Per my conversations in this neck of woods Porteno is typically used in reference to someone from BA that is not very likable or has bad manners. There are lots of excellent Argies around too no doubt.

Porteño is not a derogatory, it is the demonym for people from Buenos Aires, just the same as Torontonian is the demonym for people from Toronto, or Parisian a person from Paris. The attitude with which the word is said can make it derogatory of course, but the word itself has no meaning beyond referring to someone from BsAs

Porteño is not a derogatory, it is the demonym for people from Buenos Aires, just the same as Torontonian is the demonym for people from Toronto, or Parisian a person from Paris. The attitude with which the word is said can make it derogatory of course, but the word itself has no meaning beyond referring to someone from BsAs

And we all know that words are used differently in different regions or places. Here Porteno basically means well lets not go there and the Uruguayan peeps don't use it that way in front of BA Argies. Actually the the peeps in Uruguay do not like the peeps from BA generally speaking. But they do like Argies from the Provinces. If you are a black man and use the N word it is one thing but if you are white and use the N word well you know.

And we all know that words are used differently in different regions or places. Here Porteno basically means well lets not go there and the Uruguayan peeps don't use it that way in front of BA Argies. Actually the the peeps in Uruguay do not like the peeps from BA generally speaking. But they do like Argies from the Provinces. If you are a black man and use the N word it is one thing but if you are white and use the N word well you know.

What? What are peeps? I didn't understand your post. Translation please.

How about letting fellow porteños in the forum comment on whether it's a derrogatory term or not. After all, they're the experts.

What? What are peeps? I didn't understand your post. Translation please.

How about letting fellow porteños in the forum comment on whether it's a derrogatory term or not. After all, they're the experts.

What a waste of time .... :cool: I guess everyone is entitled to an opinion....

Back