My Portano Experiance

Do you understand that Porteño and Portano sound very different, right? Because the latter sounds like porting + anus

Are you trying to say Porteño? It seems most of us have no idea what you are talking about. I assume you meant "experience" when you wrote "experiance."
Give the man a break, they ruined his milanesas! :D

LOL Porteno = My wifes cousins new boy friend from BA or a Porteno as they call them here. I figured it was a known term I guess not. It general it seems to be used around here and by the Argentinians from the provinces in reference to people from BA that are not very likable.

http://en.wikipedia....rg/wiki/Porteño

I never really understood why people loathed them so much until the past week.This guy was driving me nuts. I have never experienced anyone so rude in my life to be honest. But thank God it is over.

This thread's key:

Porteño

not

Portano!

Do you understand that Porteño and Portano sound very different, right? Because the latter sounds like porting + anus

Porting + anus aka "anus carrier". LOL You're right, Porteño and Portano are completey different. Portano sounds like the way John Wayne would try to prounounce Porteño.

Yes I must confess I read his thread and was TOTALLY lost! It's best not to use words unless one knows how to really spell them or what they mean, especially in a foreign language!

LOL Porteno = My wifes cousins new boy friend from BA or a Porteno as they call them here. I figured it was a known term I guess not. It general it seems to be used around here and by the Argentinians from the provinces in reference to people from BA that are not very likable.

Porteño is a very well known term (including here in the forum), but it's amazing how much the meaning of a word can change when it is misspelled...or even when a punctuation mark is missing.

Next time you write to someone how old you are be sure to write (correctly) that you have XX number of years: "Tengo cincuenta años." (for example).

If you write, "Tengo cincuenta anos." they will probably know what you mean but you will also be admitting that you are an asshole by a factor of fifty.

PS: I moved south of the Rio Grande when I was 50 and I was well over 50 before I knew how to correctly write in Spanish that I had fifty-plus years, so I know this one from experience.
emo32.gif

In as much as I can make out, aul pensy met someone from B.A he didn't take to.

Can't confirm, still parsing the text for solid evidence.

Back