My Portano Experiance

this was the best thread about nothing in a long time... well done team.
heh - I like that. Is it a Seinfeld reference? A thread about nothing. We should collect some best of moments in all the baexpat threads about nothing, though it could be hard to say where to draw the line. Is the Italian/Argentine pizza thread about nothing or is it about pizza? Is the thread about bringing the Ferrari to BA about nothing if we all agree the Ferrari doesn't exist? If a tree falls on 9 de Julio and nobody is here to read about it.. is it about nothing?? These and yet deeper questions yet to be discussed, so stay tuned!

this was the best thread about nothing in a long time... well done team.

And isn't it interesting that it was started by a "member" who is no longer a baexpat yet appears to be taking advantage of every opportunity (if not creating a new one) to bash Argentina and/or its inhabitants.

The worst thing I've heard about Uruguay is that it's boring.

I think we are seeing proof of that here.
emo32.gif

I personally enjoy the incongruous relationship of Pensador's handle (name) and his avatar pic.

So Napolitanos are considered chantas? Naples has produced some great things like Sofia Loren, for example.

I'd say plain scammers, who hardly abide to any rule. Yes, Naples is a great place for many things (food first, culture
second), but its bad reputation is unfortunately well deserved.
Neapolitan intellectuals are among the finest minds, bright, fun, very knowledgable, but they are not the average Neapolitan, unfortunately.

Watch some videos about Naples on YouTube to get an idea. I love the place, but when I am there I count down days until I leave.

I'd say plain scammers, who hardly abide to any rule. Yes, Naples is a great place for many things (food first, culture
Neapolitan intellectuals are among the finest minds, bright, fun, very knowledgable, but they are not the average Neapolitan, unfortunately.

Watch some videos about Naples on YouTube to get an idea. I love the place, but when I am there I count down days until I leave.

Why Nobody goes to Naples...?? According to NYT... :cool:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/12/opinion/severgnini-why-no-one-goes-to-naples.html?_r=0

ma la pizza Serafina, la vera pizza e napoletana!!!! :D

Portano - A Texan's pronunciation of a common Argentine noun

Experiance - The new British spelling of the word "experience"

... It all seems so clear now...

"Porteño" is anyone from a port (puerto) city. So people from Buenos Aires, Rosario, Montevideo, Bahía Blanca qualify as porteños. However, it's true that the term is usually associated to people from the city of Buenos Aires and it's almost lost it's original meaning.

Back