Names of the funniest places that you have been to...

Mike1

Registered
So far mine has been a classic.... Moron... That´s right folks, MORON!!! There´s even a university named after it too. Poor grads from that uni if they happened to be living abroad especially in an English speaking country. I can see it now...

So... Which university did you graduate from?

I went to the University of Moron...

I wondered if this guy will ever get that job... :D

A difference in sense of humor, I suppose, for to this native English-speaker a funnier name is that of "Open Door", a small town in the province of Buenos Aires.

It's my understanding 'Moron' is actually a fairly common name in the Spanish-speaking world. Seems to me I've seen a town named 'Moron' in a few countries.

A telenovela I watch has a character named 'Moron' and he is no idiot (anyone else watch 'Sin Senos No Hay Paraiso' ?).

It has nothing to do with Argentina or BA, but the Canadian province of Newfoundland has some funny names.

Dildo, Blow Me Down, Cape Onion, Mosquito, Leading Tickles etc.

I have seen footage of the ambulance medics from Moron on TV, on the back of their jackets was printed SAME MORON. Anyone with footage or a photo I would be sincerely grateful.

RWS said:
A difference in sense of humor, I suppose, for to this native English-speaker a funnier name is that of "Open Door", a small town in the province of Buenos Aires.
Ironically, Open Door is the place where is established a large neuro psychiatric colony (with closed doors).

Back