Nano Sim (Or Newer Micro Sim) For Iphone 5. Where To Get

Dipoots

Registered
Hi,

Just got myself a new IP 5 but need help to locate a service provider with a Nano SIM or at least one that provides a Micro SIM that can be cut down into a Nano. My current Personal Micro SIM is actually the older type, as the chip is the same size as its bigger cousin.

I tried Personal but due to my lousy Spanish, not much luck. Or maybe they do not have that type of Micro SIM as the guy said they do not have it.. But I refuse to believe that they do not have such basic stuff?

Thanks.

if someone can help me get the new nano/ micro sim, i can sell my other IPhone 5 for slightly less than what Mercado libre is asking. thanks,

I can help you make ur sim into micro, file it down to the size..

I can help you make ur sim into micro, file it down to the size..

thanks... i can do this myself but first you must have the right type of micro sim. The one I have is with the normal SIM's chip but in a micro SIM board.... the nano SIM is already smaller than the Micro SIM-s chip.

don't know about personal, but to get a movistar nano sim you need to go to their main office, where they have a machine that cuts the sim to size.

Movistar now has the nanoSIM available. http://www.discoverbuenosaires.com/iphone5-nano-sim-argentina

Anyone know if Claro is selling nano SIMs? ... I'm getting a nano cutter just in case, but it would be great if they have the nano's in stock.

Are personal really not stocking the nano SIMs yet? I would if thought that if movistar has them claro and personal would be on board too...would be good if there is anyone out there that can confirm before I waste a trip down to the store...

Hi All,

I managed to do it myself... I was mistaken that my micro sim couldn't be cut into a nano sim as I have to cut away some of the metal part or contact point. I used a template from this site however I cut too much! such that it was loose in my iPhone 5 SIM holder and would drop away by itself. Anyway, I slotted it in to the iPhone 5 and it worked!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6T1Mygucak

I have another new iPhone which I am thinking for selling. If someone wants a new 16G black iPhone 5, still shrink wrapped. PM me, it will go for less than what you can get in ML.

Back