National Revolution in Argentina?

Status
Not open for further replies.
steveinbsas said:
And what exactly (from the OP's first post in this thread) is the "Idea of the Nation?"

Perhaps it is best defined by the preamble to the Argentine Constitution.

http://www.hrcr.org/docs/Argentine_Const/Preamble.html

Gee, Wally, where have we heard this before?

this is interesting:
"and to all men in the world who wish to dwell on Argentine soil"...
I guess perma-tourists are allowed....

mini said:
this is interesting:
"and to all men in the world who wish to dwell on Argentine soil"...
I guess perma-tourists are allowed....

Absolutly!

I know people here whose immigrant great-grandparents never troubled to become Argentine citizens and yet they were the foundation of today's Argies!

Matt84 said:
Absolutly!

I know people here whose immigrant great-grandparents never troubled to become Argentine citizens and yet they were the foundation of today's Argies!

I continue to be told (by various sources) that anyone who has been on Argentine soil for two years (without leaving) may apply for naturalization (citizenship).

Matt84 said:
Absolutly!

yes, because they had children & those children are Argentine. I'm just talking about the perma-tourists on this site. I think most of them don't plan on having children during their stay.

yes, but it was also another less bureaurocratized time when people didn't really need to become citizens. i.e. some criollos only got their first IDs and voting papers when and if enlisted in the army.

orwellian said:
I am sure you can help them with your fascist ideas. I am sure the Argentines are yearning to get the good old times of the seventies back.

Are you really so shallow as to think that left equals fascist? Organizing on the part of youth and workers are the only thing that has created positive change in Argentina in the past, and its certainly true of the US as well. Organizing did free Peron from jail, and put him in office, but it was the same people who took him out of office.

I think Orwellian might have been quoted out of context in the previous post.

Even so, I think his facetiousness was obvious...

No one wants a return to a military dictatorship.

Except for a few high ranking military officers...

Out of context? It was all he wrote. I've met enough people who think like that to doubt that his facetiousness was all that facetious.

Who was talking about returning to a military dictatorship? Certainly not me. The inability (refusal?) to differentiate between positive social change initiated by the people and "military dictatorship" is exactly what I sought to highlight.

Ben&Bliss said:
Are you really so shallow as to think that left equals fascist? Organizing on the part of youth and workers are the only thing that has created positive change in Argentina in the past, and its certainly true of the US as well. Organizing did free Peron from jail, and put him in office, but it was the same people who took him out of office.

Out of context? It was all he wrote. I've met enough people who think like that to doubt that his facetiousness was all that facetious.

Who was talking about returning to a military dictatorship? Certainly not me. The inability (refusal?) to differentiate between positive social change initiated by the people and "military dictatorship" is exactly what I sought to highlight.

I was being sarcastic. To me it's pretty obvious the OP is talking about the need for a new fascist movement in Argentina. I've been trying to get him to clarify what it is he really wants, but so far we haven't had any luck with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back