Natural Birth

Celia

Registered
Hi,

Has anyone had a vaginal birth in Argentina or do you know someone who has?
I already have an ob-gyn and hospital lined, up but have found out late in the day (22 weeks) that they want me to have a c-section against my will.

Any information gratefully received!

I had natural birth, it was 16 years ago, but I still see those drs if you want to get in touch, send me a msg.

This was the first question my other half asked her obstetra, and we changed obstetras a couple of times to find someone she was comfortable with. There's no way you should be forced into doing something you're not comfortable with, and unless they are claiming its dangerous or impossible for you to give birth without a c-section, I'd recommend you change obstetras asap. Its terrible that they would put you in that position. 22 isn't too late in the day to change, plenty of time to develop a relationship with a new obstetra.

Can hopefully recommend a few people, Which insurance plan do you have? Do you need fluent english?

J

I had a baby there in 2007 - at Los Arcos - my Dra. said she wouldn't do a C-section until it was absolutely necessary - she would want me to push some first because it is beneficial to the baby. If you haven't already delivered, please feel free to contact me for more info on my Dra.

Hi Celia -- which plan are you with? I'd definitely shop around for another obstetrician if you're not comfortable with their birth plans. Despite Argentina's high c-section rates, there are a lot of doctors who still refuse to do c-sections unless absolutely necessary.

Natural births are still common in Argentina but becoming less and less so. I think the c-section rate is around 30%, which is actually about the same in the US. As long as there are no obvious complications with your pregnancy, I would recommend that you change doctors if you don't want a c-section as a first course of action. If you include in the thread your insurance plan, I'm sure a good obgyn can be recommended by the group. Also, if you are interested in a home birth, I would highly recommend working with the midwife, Marina Lembo. She works with another midwife named Olga who is also fantastic.

[email protected]

Marina's cell 11 5489 1649

My wife gave birth in Argentina in 2006. Our doctor was super friendly and did not once mention a c-section. Everythign went great. I can't remember his name off the top o fmy head, but, if you are interested, let me know and I'll find out.

I had a natural birth here 2 years ago..and although I'm small framed was never under pressure for a C section. I will PM you my OB details...but please know that whatever the departure method al that matters is a healthy baby at the end and sometimes a C section is the only safe way!

Back