Naturalization of parents of argentinian baby

Aflo

Registered
Hello,

I'm in BA and will be delivering soon. Once my baby gets his DNI and passport, I plan to request a DNI and leave the country with precaria. Then come back to Argentina within 3 months to renew the precaria till I get the permanent DNI. I don't plan to live the country but I can travel 2 to 3 times a year and stay for few weeks each time. Once I get the DNI I plan to apply for citizenship. Is there anyone who has done similar process? Do you know any good lawyer?

Hello,

I'm in BA and will be delivering soon. Once my baby gets his DNI and passport, I plan to request a DNI and leave the country with precaria. Then come back to Argentina within 3 months to renew the precaria till I get the permanent DNI. I don't plan to live the country but I can travel 2 to 3 times a year and stay for few weeks each time. Once I get the DNI I plan to apply for citizenship. Is there anyone who has done similar process? Do you know any good lawyer?
Hi there! Looks like a pretty good plan. They do CHECK that the Grantor of the PR (baby) is INSIDE of ARG Territory when they review your application, so, getting a PRECARIA will not necessarily ensure a smooth approval if you immediately exit the country. Remember that a case under PRECARIA status is being ANALYZED. They will crosscheck your info with the records of entries and exits and they can certainly delay your approval if you are outside of the country. It will really depend on how smart is the Immigration Officer who analyzes your case. I recommend to live in ARG for the first 3 months after requesting the visa (this will most likely ensure your PR approval). With regards to Citizenship, unless if you are married to an ARG national, you need to prove 2 years of effective stay in the country to be eligible for Citizenship application. It´s done at the ARG Courts, regardless if your status is Temporary or Permanent. Hope you find this information useful! Take care!

Cassiopeia,

Yes your information were usefull. I can plan to stay till I get the Permanent DNI. Some people told me it would take 20 to 45 days to get the DNI starting from the submission date. Is this correct?
Concerning the citizenship, the law says:"Have 2 years of uninterrupted and documented residence in the country, certified by the National Migration Office (except if you married a native Argentine citizen and / or have a native child)." You can find mu source under this link:
Thanks

Cassiopeia,

Yes your information were usefull. I can plan to stay till I get the Permanent DNI. Some people told me it would take 20 to 45 days to get the DNI starting from the submission date. Is this correct?
Concerning the citizenship, the law says:"Have 2 years of uninterrupted and documented residence in the country, certified by the National Migration Office (except if you married a native Argentine citizen and / or have a native child)." You can find mu source under this link:
Thanks
All this info es wrong. You need 2 years of residency or a child.
You do not need legal residency if you have a child, you only need his/her birth certificate.

Hi there! Looks like a pretty good plan. They do CHECK that the Grantor of the PR (baby) is INSIDE of ARG Territory when they review your application, so, getting a PRECARIA will not necessarily ensure a smooth approval if you immediately exit the country. Remember that a case under PRECARIA status is being ANALYZED. They will crosscheck your info with the records of entries and exits and they can certainly delay your approval if you are outside of the country. It will really depend on how smart is the Immigration Officer who analyzes your case. I recommend to live in ARG for the first 3 months after requesting the visa (this will most likely ensure your PR approval). With regards to Citizenship, unless if you are married to an ARG national, you need to prove 2 years of effective stay in the country to be eligible for Citizenship application. It´s done at the ARG Courts, regardless if your status is Temporary or Permanent. Hope you find this information useful! Take care!
If you abandon the country you PM is considered abandoned.

Bajo,
What do you mean by PM?
Also, please define "abondon the country". For example, in some countries if you enter thr country once every 6 months your DNI remains valid. How often should I enter the country to keep my DNI valid?

L la I’m
Bajo,
What do you mean by PM?
Also, please define "abondon the country". For example, in some countries if you enter thr country once every 6 months your DNI remains valid. How often should I enter the country to keep my DNI valid?
Sorry, it was a typo mistake.
I ment Permanent Residency application.
The rule I mentioned is at DNU 70/2017. Check it out. Use cntl f with desistido or abandonado as a key word.
Once is granted, you need to be here 1 day every two years.
This is why I assert MM revival the ascription of the land or servitude of the land, serfdom.

Hi
Cassiopeia,

Thanks
Hi Aflo! You are correct! Being a parent to an ARG child also makes you eligible for citizenship without waiting for the 2 years of stay, (I’m sorry for the mistaken info). So you can launch your citizenship process right after you secure your PR. In any case you need to know that this process is filed at the Courts, not at Immigration and might take several months to get the judgment. It is not mandatory that you are inside of the country all the time but you might need to appoint someone to monitor the case and be ready to travel if they summon you to a personal hearing. About getting the DNI, it might take you around 90 days after the day of application. About losing the PR status, the law states that it’s lost after being outside of the country for more than 2 years. Just don’t let that happen. Take care!

Last edited:
I can travel every year to Argentina so DNI renwal won't be a problem. But how long shall I wait in the country with my precaria in hand till I get the DNI? Is there a way to make the process faster?

There is no DNI renewal, it’s permanent. With your precaria you should wait approx 90 days. With regards to making the process faster than 90 days: No, this is standard waiting time. Best!

Back