Naturalization of parents of argentinian baby

Hello,

I'm having a problem now. I have a police clearance from my country of origin (my home country) legalized with apostile. However I lived for few years now in a foreign country. I also got the police clearance from this foreign country and I got it legalized by the ministery of foreign affairs. However the consulate of Argentina in this country refused to legalize it since they see no reason to have this paper with me when going to Argentina on a tourist visa (I have a paper from them rejecting my request). I tried to get the police clearance certified by the consulate here in Argentina but they advised me that only the consulate of Argentina can legalize them.

My question is: will the police clearance from my home country be enough? How can the immigration know that I wasn't living in my hom country the past years? Will they check all the stamps I have in my passport?

I appreciate your help as this issue is really annoying me now.

Thanks

You legalize it at the AR Consulate in Paraguay according to the Supreme Court.

How can the immigration know that I wasn't living in my hom country the past years? Will they check all the stamps I have in my passport?
Yes, they will check.

You must submit copies of every page of your passport and of course they will compare the copies to the original pages in your passport.

And the police clearance from my home country won't be enough?
Perhaps not...if they enforce their own rules... which they appear to be doing now more than ever.

Perhaps one of the lawyers who posts here regularly will know some way to "get around" the requirement...

Last edited:
How can the argentine consulate in Paraguay legalize a paper from a different country?

If a ruling by the Argentine Supreme Court says you can, then you may be able to do just that...if the officials at the consulate in Paraguay are aware of it and are willing to abide by it.

If you can get confirmation from another lawyer then I'd say it's definitely worth the trip..

If a ruling by the Argentine Supreme Court says you can, then you may be able to do just that...if the officials at the consulate in Paraguay are aware of it and are willing to abide by it.

If you can get confirmation from another lawyer then I'd say it's definitely worth the trip..

I agree. It might be worth the trip. But I have one single entry visa to Argentina. If I exit the country I won't be able to re-enter. I looked for a lawyer in Paraguay and sent him an email to hire his services. If he accepts, I will send him the Police Clearance by DHL to get it legalized. I have 2 Police Clearances, so I will still have another one with me.

Back