Need A Doctor Or A Clinic

Ferluis

Registered
Can somebody help me out on how to see a doctor? My wife is having some stomach issues after traveling to Salta and we can't figure out what the best options for medical care are. I am sure this has been discussed here, but I can't find any threads. Any suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks.

Luis

You can go to the emergency room at Hospital Aleman in Recoleta. They are one of the more expensive options. I think all of the private hospitals will see you on the same day (Hospital Italia, Britanica, etc). Paying in cash sometimes expedites the process.

Any hospital will help you but you may have to wait a while. It is free if you go to a public hospital.

A visit to a pharmacy might suffice though. They will recommend something based on her symptoms.

Farmacia is a good idea. It's not like in the states where a pharmacist just fills prescriptions. Here they can actually perform some of the basic functions of a GP. It's certainly a good idea to at least start with a farmacia. Just look for the green cross, they're everywhere.

The Farmacia will suggest Streptocarbocaftiazol as a first approach, a GP will ask for a battery of tests...!! to then prescribe.Try this first -

For a inexpensive consultation with a GP go to Centro Medico Dignus , Araoz 2279 Palermo? 4832-0369 for appt.. Only $110 pesos

http://www.bago.com....tiazol-e-c-c-t/

Personally, I'd just head to the emergency room (urgencias) at the closest public hospital. The care is excellent and I've never had to wait more than 15 minutes to be seen by a doctor. With all due respect, the chemists just take a shot in the dark.

Sort of on-topic and sort of not...

With Hospital Aleman and Hospital Italia and the others, is that just a name, like the streets have names, or is there some actual connection with the medical establishments of the countries named?

With Hospital Aleman and Hospital Italia and the others, is that just a name, like the streets have names, or is there some actual connection with the medical establishments of the countries named?

I believe, though I'm not certain, that most of these have their origins in dealing with their respective immigrant communities in the city.

At least for Hospital Aleman I know it was historically targeting the German community. Today, I think they still have a small amount of stuff that speaks german and the signs are also in German, but otherwise its just a "regular" hospital.

Usually either founded by immigrants or an extension of that countries medical programs designed to treat expats.

To the OP: How long has it been since you went to salta? Most stomach bugs will pass on there own. You can always try a few days of Ciriax 250 2x a day (ask for it at any pharmacy) if you want to self medicate. Otherwise look http://doctoraliar.com for a list of doctors and call one near your house. Cheaper than a private hospital and much quicker too.

Back