Need advice on US tax laws

Ingrid

Registered
Hello there, I'm thinking about setting up an LLC in US but after doing some research and talking to a state agent about it, I'm still not sure if I understand all the tax obligations. Anyone has the knowledge or experience that could give me some pointers would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Ingrid said:
Hello there, I'm thinking about setting up an LLC in US but after doing some research and talking to a state agent about it, I'm still not sure if I understand all the tax obligations. Anyone has the knowledge or experience that could give me some pointers would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
What state? Is this an LLC to promote your Argentine business or an LLC for a company doing business from and or in the US. Either way an LLC files taxes similar to a C type corporation regarding ligitimate business expenses and deductions. It is a legal entity apart from you. Your accountant can explain as it relates directly to you. Or you could check the IRSs web site re taxes. But these corporate structures have more to do with legal liability than tax liability.

Why don't you ask for some advice on brain surgery or launching a rocket into space as well.

I've set up quite a few LLCs. Why do you want to establish one, and in what state? Do you have a residence in the States? Feel free to send me a PM if you prefer.

IRS does not have a separate tax structure for an LLC, per se. LLC can elect to be treated either as a corporation or as a partnership for tax purposes. However, if the LLC is a sole individual you can (and I believe the default treatment) is as "sole proprietor" in which case you will file your taxes using a standard 1040.

Here's a link with some good, yet tricky FAQs:
http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/article/0,,id=98277,00.html

Why don't you ask for some advice on brain surgery or launching a rocket into space as well.

...and why bother replying just to be a douche.

Back