Need Cellphone And Wi-Fi

jcoe2001

Registered
I will be in BA a few weeks this visit and open to recommendations as to where and which cellphone to buy, at the airport or on the street? For my apartment can you recommend a wi-fi set-up? or portable wi-fi? with enough strength so watch a video, etc. ??

Presume you don't own a cellphone to unblok to use here ? If you will buy one go to Tope cell http://www.topecel.com/

Rent a temporary furnished place with wifi for several weeks !!! like https://www.airbnb.c...ntina?source=bb

If you own rhe place ??? can't setup a cable service for a few weeks . Otherwise contract a Movistar portable wifi modem , not too good.

Do you knownthe address of your apartment in BA? You could possibly call Fibertel or Speedy a week or two before you arrive and set up a time for them to install wifi.

Do you knownthe address of your apartment in BA? You could possibly call Fibertel or Speedy a week or two before you arrive and set up a time for them to install wifi.

Question Does Fibertel require DNI for installation? If Fibertel is already in the building can be Done! If not requires paperwork i.e. an approval from the Administration ! :cool:

Passport will be fine for Fibertel. They will just ask to make a copy of it. I brought an Alfa long range wifi adapter. It is about the size of a small cell phone and can usually get wifi from public sources as long as it is within a km.

Passport will be fine for Fibertel. They will just ask to make a copy of it. I brought an Alfa long range wifi adapter. It is about the size of a small cell phone and can usually get wifi from public sources as long as it is within a km.

Passport alone is OK for a cable/WIFI instalation in a building ???

Sorry, not alone. I needed to provide a copy of my lease and a recent bill from the apartment. Neither the lease or the bill was in my name but it didn't matter.

That's correct in my experience as well. When it was installed just had a passport and and proof that I lived there and a credit card.

Back