Need Help Filling A Prescription

sgibson123

Registered
I have a prescription from my daughters pediatrician..

can I go to any farmacia to fill it?

Is your pediatrician an Argentine doctor? If not, I don't think a pharmacy will take a foreign prescription. Actually, they might it's just that your insurance won't cover it. Almost all meds can be bought without a prescription except antidepressants and painkillers with codeine.

Yes, go to any pharmacy. If it is something tricky they may need to order it but that should only take 24 hrs. If they won't fill it, go to your Obra social and ask where to go.

Yep I filled my bf's prescriptions after his surgery (I just took his ID with me but I don't think they even asked for it). And he had some pain meds in there... not sure if they had codeine though.

Yep I filled my bf's prescriptions after his surgery (I just took his ID with me but I don't think they even asked for it). And he had some pain meds in there... not sure if they had codeine though.

Probably not. Codeine generally requires a double prescription fr the doctor.

Probably not. Codeine generally requires a double prescription from the doctor.

Some pain medications can only be filled at "laboratory" pharmacies. I don't know if codeine is one of those, it depends on how controlled it is. Oxycodon, for example, can only be filled at certain pharmacies.

As far as prescriptions for fairly standard things (non-addictive or non-pain-related), any pharmacy will fill it, and many (probably not Farmacity) will give you the medication without prescription.

Back