need power strip that takes USA plugs

I have found some "zapatillas" actually accommodate both US-style and Argentine plugs...and so of course what did I do? I forgot and plugged a 110-volt device into the powerstrip. . . forgetting that it was plugged directly into the 220-volt wall outlet, not the transformer, and boy did it sizzle! :eek:

Good thing my laptop comes with those bulky little adaptors on the cords so it doesn't matter where I plug it in. You learn a lot on the job here, eh? :)

I also found that the "casas de electricidad" will also assemble extension cords to order, so I had them make a super long one with the dual-country power strip. I love the way you can have it your way! At least it never hurts to ask. . . ;)

And if you need any computer-related cable, or not, go to Galeria Jardin in Florida st. and they will have it or will invent it if it only exists in your imagination. Ahhh, Galeria Jardin, first escalator I rode in my life.

Is it really that hard? I see people selling them on the streets every couple blocks and in about half of the subte stations. When I realized I needed one I just decided to go grab some lunch, on my way to the resturant I saw 2 or 3 people selling 6-8 plug universal powerstrips.

PhilipDT said:
Is it really that hard? I see people selling them on the streets every couple blocks and in about half of the subte stations. When I realized I needed one I just decided to go grab some lunch, on my way to the resturant I saw 2 or 3 people selling 6-8 plug universal powerstrips.

I'm don't tend to buy stuff off the streets. I'd much rather get it at a store in case it doesn't work.

arty said:
I'm don't tend to buy stuff off the streets. I'd much rather get it at a store in case it doesn't work.

Except for drugs that you can't buy in stores

Back