Need Real Estate Agent Recommendation

A good realtor and a good Notary Public and a good honest banker is all you need.

The best real estate portal so far is this one - https://www.zonaprop.com.ar/

So just see properties you're interested in and have your realtor contact them. Always have your own buyer's agent vs. using the seller's realtor. You need someone fighting for YOUR interests and you have to pay the 4% agent commission anyway.
If you bring in your own buyer 's agent - though you got to know the property via seller's agent = what happens? do you have to pay 4% to each? or can the seller's agent refuse to talk to buyer's agent?

I noticed OP did not mention whether they are looking to buy or rent property. Buying should be easy, renting... not so much atm.
NO, you're wrong that buying isn't easier than renting. It's not so easy. I've had many, many people that retained my firm to help them fix errors that their realtor, or Escribano made. So you have be careful and use good people. Buying is NOT easy in BA like you're suggesting nikad.

If you bring in your own buyer 's agent - though you got to know the property via seller's agent = what happens? do you have to pay 4% to each? or can the seller's agent refuse to talk to buyer's agent?
You MUST have your own buyer's agent. Otherwise if you see the property first without one then the seller's agent gets the double commission. When that happens they ALWAYS favor the seller and trying to get the most money as she/she will make 7% of the commission (4% from buyer and 3% from seller). Once you see the property with the seller's agent you have to pay her if you buy. That's why it ALWAYS makes sense to have your agent set up the showing if you see something on ZonaProp. Just give them your list and he/she will set it up.

I get what your asking Ceviche. If you saw the listing with the seller's agent first without an agent. That seller's agent will claim SHE showed you the property. It's a wierd territorial type of sh*t. You could try to fight you on it but they will always win as they just won't take your offer to the seller. I've had that happen before. Fortunately I was smarter and got around it. I'd just write a letter asking if they got an offer and then pay the doorman like $20 US to slide the letter under the door. They would ALWAYS call me back..haha

Last edited:
Also, sorry forgot to answer if you need clarification. No, you do NOT pay 4% each. As a buyer you pay 4% total commissions in most cases on residential real estate. If it's residential/commercial or commercial only you usually pay 5% commission. The seller typically pays 3% to their seller's agent.

However, the buyer's "agent" only gets 50% of that 4% in the buyer's commission. You see, the seller's agent automatically gets 50% of that. So seller's agent gets 3% from the SELLER and they get 50% or 2% from the buyer's agent too. The listing agent is the one that makes most of the money as they get a split of buyer's agent too.

When I was buying a lot of real estate in Buenos Aires what I'd do in a building I liked a lot of units is I'd maybe already own in that building. Las Heras 1976 is a good example. That was the first apartment in Buenos Aires I bought at the corner of Las Heras / Junin. So I bought one. And then after I moved in. I slid a letter under ALL the owners doors offering to buy their units. All above market price and they would save 3% from not having to pay a realtor. It was beautiful! We bought up 11 units in that building. ALL commission free without an agent!

I'd start to do things like that outside of the box that saved everyone money. Also, hopefully people find these posts helpful and useful. I don't want to be accused of promoting my website. Everything is free and I'll answer any real estate related questions as I know it inside and out and I'm passionate about it.

NO, you're wrong that buying isn't easier than renting. It's not so easy. I've had many, many people that retained my firm to help them fix errors that their realtor, or Escribano made. So you have be careful and use good people. Buying is NOT easy in BA like you're suggesting nikad.
I meant it is easier in terms of properties currently available for sale vs rent. The buying / selling process can become challenging, complex and extremely tricky if you don't know what you are doing ( lots of scams )

I meant it is easier in terms of properties currently available for sale vs rent. The buying / selling process can become challenging, complex and extremely tricky if you don't know what you are doing ( lots of scams )
Ahhhh Yes, you're totally right! Yes, almost ZERO long term rentals for rent but yes it's a buyer's market to buy. Lots of listings and great time to buy.

Yes, buying real estate is tricky here. I can tell you hundreds of horror stories of people that tried to do it on their own, or trusted the LISTING agent's lawyer and things ended up really really bad. And really you can't do anything as the judicial system doesn't work there and it's all CASH so you have to do it right from the start.

LOTS of scams is right!

What's the real minimum $ needed for a small apartment in Palermo or Recoleta (think 45-50m^2 at least)?
I have seen advertised anywhere from 60 to 100k+ for small apartments (monoambientes or 2 at most) and wondering if this is the real price or if it's expected to be sold at 15-20% less? Apartments for rent in usd don't seem to have much room to negotiate as they are leased in a day and most people don't want to sell at a "loss" or seem to be waiting for the elections.

Last edited:
What's the real minimum $ needed for a small apartment in Palermo or Recoleta (think 45-50m^2 at least)?
I have seen advertised anywhere from 60 to 100k+ for small apartments (monoambientes or 2 at most) and wondering if this is the real price or if it's expected to be sold at 15-20% less? Apartments for rent in usd don't seem to have much room to negotiate as they are leased in a day and most people don't want to sell at a "loss" or seem to be waiting for the elections.
Counter offers are about 10% if they are priced correctly ( usually if the listing is from 2023 it should be about right ) Some owners are delusional, others are not in a rush at all.

Hi,
Can anyone recommend a good real estate agent who can help us start our search for a condo/apartent in BA from the U.S.?
We've had difficulty receiving a response to the e-mail on-line offerings. We will be in BA within the next 3 months but want to
find something ahead of time.
Thanks,
Theresa
Several people here recommended M. Gotz. Before you contact him, I can send you a private message, if you wish.

Back