Need someone to help us shipping some books (october)

de747

Registered
My husband is a writer (self-published) and we sell his books one by one shipping by mail, but in october we will be travelling and we won't be possible to us to send them.

So here is what we need:
Someone that can use internet and keep in touch with us
We will send the addresses by e-mail while we are travelling
She/he will go to the post office twice a week to ship the books we sold.
We will leave some books (around 100)
Will leave stamps and envelops
We just moved to BA and we don't know anyone that can help us. So if you need a extra money... doesn't matter your age, qualifications, color, religion as soon as you are reliable and responsable.
Please, contact me if you are interested or know someone that could do that for as.
Thanks,
Denise

A few details :
- If my memory doesn't betray me, in the International Postal Union, there is an agreement that allows under certain conditions very low rates for shipping books (some kind of cultural exception). I think the clerks at a regular postal office wouldn't know about it but it's an info worth digging out if money is an issue for you.
- One suggestion : you could eventually ask a bookseller shipping internationally (being present on the internet) to do the job for you (and he might have those special rates too or similar ones).
- Are the books weighting more than 2 kilos ?
- Don't pre-package them because, fyi, packages must be made that way : wrapping paper (this usual brown one) around the book, without any tape (you can put though double sided taped one if it doesn't show looking from the outside) + a cord tying this wrapping paper and crossing itself in the middle of the package on the two largest sides of it.

What size are the books and how much do they weigh? Where are you currently located (in Capital Federal?)
I might have someone that could be interested in doing it, but i would like that information before i contact him about it.

We are located in Almagro, the book weights around 150 gr, it's a pocketbook.

Back