Need to buy an new iPhone in Buenos Aires

medialuna

Registered
Hi, Does anyone know a reputable/reliable to buy an iPhone (new and original) in Buenos Aires? I was on the bus yesterday and someone robbed my phone and ran away. Never thought it would happen to me...I will appreciate if someone can give me some suggestions. Thank you.

Iphone prices too high locally, choose an Android instead.?

Suggestion check mercado libre for ideas on prices for the unlocked model you need , then find local availability like Fravega, etc. Check a local business that accepts payment in pesos in cuotas zero interest . Figure the price in blue dollars and decide if worth to go thru the hoops of buying Alibaba or similar abroad. Consider that local purchases have guarantee and service included ?

Last edited:
Unless you are happy buying an old iphone or paying 2-3x times the price just get a samsung phone.

It's much cheaper to fly to miami buy an iphone there and come back as well.

Iphone 14 pro at a mall is almost $3k.

Options are as follows:

Local:
Officially licensed stores such as Mac Station: iPhone SE (2022): 908K ARS, iPhone 12: 1,000,800 ARS, or iPhone 14: 1.829 Million

Mercado Libre: iPhone SE (2022): 700K ARS, iPhone 12: 840K ARS, or iPhone 14: 984K (you can probably get these cheaper by contracting the seller directly and offering cash payment in ARS or USD without needing a factura)

Shipping:

Aerobox: Within 7-10 days, you buy from the Apple Store, then pay the taxes+shipping. For the 14 base for example, total is is 699 USD + Miami-Dade Sales Taxes of 8.25% ($756.66) + shipping and taxes of 198K ARS.

Grabr: Depends on availability, a person traveling to Argentine buys the item you want, and you pay Grabr via the platform and it basically holds the money in escrow until you confirm you've received the purchase. Their website states about a 10%-20% fee of the base item's total on average, plus any sales tax where the item is purchased. i.e. an iPhone 14 would be $756.66 USD after tax + a Grabr fee of ~$104.85 USD if we assume a 15% cut.

Hey , I have a used iPhone 13 if you're interested.

Thank you all for the recommendation. A friend of my friend will be traveling to BA soon so I will ask him to bring it to me. It's quite stressful to deal with this situation. I never thought I will be robbed on the bus. but I guess it's my fault. I was sitting very close to the door and I wasn't paying attention at all. A man just came quickly grabbed my phone and jumped off the bus. I've heard of this kind story many many times but eventually it happened to me....lesson learned.....

Were you able to quickly use the icloud find-devices to remotely erase or lock the phone? From a borrowed apple device or any browser visiting icloud website

Block the IMEI number on the Argentina page so no one can resell or use another sim card. Do the same with your provider in your home country, who can also tell you the digits if you did not write it down before https://www.enacom.gob.ar/imei

Were you able to quickly use the icloud find-devices to remotely erase or lock the phone? From a borrowed apple device or any browser visiting icloud website

Block the IMEI number on the Argentina page so no one can resell or use another sim card. Do the same with your provider in your home country, who can also tell you the digits if you did not write it down before https://www.enacom.gob.ar/imei
Yes after I got robbed I went home quickly (by taxi, not bus, lol..), and erased my iPhone device from my Mac. Also changed all the passwords of the accounts. From what I read online my data is all wiped out and the thief will never be able to to use this phone unless they have my Apple ID/password. I was more concerned about the personal data than the physical cellphone. I can't find IMEI number but I did reported the loss of Cell phone SIM card. I think the thief will eventually break the phone and take the parts out to sell them in the black market...

People please keep your cellphone in a safe place while you are out!

Back