Need US legal documents, POA, notarized

toast

Registered
It seems the US Embassy under the quarantine restrictions does not offer notary services. What alternatives exist? Do I have an escribania witness my signature and leave it to the US attorney to get my signed docs apostilled? Anyone with any experience with US based online notaries? There are old threads on this, but maybe new circumstances would require other methods.

Online notaries + pandemics = Use your brain!

Don't know what you need it for but I was able to get a US title/escrow company to accept a local notary from Costa Rica a few years ago and I expect they'd be even more willing to take it during COVID. The local notary had her stamp in spanish, attached some random local law document the title company politely told me to never show them and instead me to scribble "this stamp means notary" in english next to it. No translation, no apostil, no legal recording in Costa Rica, just done.

Not at all sure that path will work for whatever document you need but worth pushing back on the need for a US notary.

I'm in this same situation, I need some USA documents notarized and the US Embassy here in Buenos Aires is still not offering this service. Any update on someone who is a USA notary, to notarize something?

I'm in this same situation, I need some USA documents notarized and the US Embassy here in Buenos Aires is still not offering this service. Any update on someone who is a USA notary, to notarize something?
I misjudged my need for a legally valid signature on US court sourced docs, so I have not sought solutions to the post of 10 months ago. Sorry I can't be of further help.

I misjudged my need for a legally valid signature on US court sourced docs, so I have not sought solutions to the post of 10 months ago. Sorry I can't be of further help.
Thanks for the reply, I'm trying to see if I can do a zoom session and make this happen! I doubt it as I had to give a thumb print in past notarizations. I messaged the USA embassy here in Buenos Aires and still haven't received a reply, I can't believe the embassy would not even send a reply.

I needed to have a letter notarized by the American Consulate and can't think of a solution other than travelling.

Girino mentioned above, just google "online notaries", I did and it seems there are many options to get USA documents notarized online from abroad but I haven't checked them out yet, that's this weekend's project. Good luck! I'll try and post my findings next week as I really need to get some things notarized quick. Suerte!

I recently refinanced my condo in the US. What i did was use an app called notarize to get my limited POA to a friend. From there they were able to sign as me.

Back