Neighborhoods

Halifax

Registered
Hello! I am planning on going to BA next January until July. I am going with my husband and three children (ages 12, 10, 8). I am trying to think of neighbourhoods with good schools close by. I am hoping to put them in a public or charter school. I was initially looking at Caballito But now am thinking of Palermo for its walkability. Any suggestions or recommendations? once I know the neighbourhood, I can turn my attention towards a rental property. I was born in BA but my family left in 1977, I was 4.

As you have connections with Argentina already I expect you know that the Academic Year starts sometime in March - depending on the institution - after ending at Christmas and schools also have a two week winter holiday in July. Add in at least seven public holidays and your children won't spend very much time in their new school so be prepared for this. Other people may have suggestions for schools which would welcome guests who are just passing through but as my children are long grown up and gone away and were not educated in Argentina anyway I'm afraid I haven't anything further to usefully add. Good luck!

Hi el hombresinnombre, thank you! Yes, I am aware of the difference in the year schedule. It's good to know about the public holidays though! Once I have a neighbourhood decided on, I will start calling schools and hopefully be able to speak with the principal. I also hope to enroll them with a sports team of some sort. They all play on basketball teams here. Any suggestions about neighbourhoods?

My neck of the woods is around Agronomia, Villa Devoto and Villa del Parque which is a pretty nice environment for kids but rather far from the microcentro if you want to be immersed in the city culture. Watch and see what others suggest.

We live and recommend Palermo Viejo. Lot's of kids, schools, parks. A very nice family neighborhood.
Nancy

Thank-you Nancy, are there any inmobiliarias that you can recommend that I get in contact with? We need a furnished 2 bedroom.

We had our son (age 10) play basketball at El Polio in Belgrano, twice a week he was able to practice with a group, not super well organized but a nice chance to play with some local kids. We were there for 5 weeks in December/January, so not the best time to join a team.

Hi Nancy, I emailed Nancy but the message was undeliverable as the address was misspelled or doesn't exist. I double checked and it was definitely spelled correctly. Perhaps you have another email address for Martha?

We had our son (age 10) play basketball at El Polio in Belgrano, twice a week he was able to practice with a group, not super well organized but a nice chance to play with some local kids. We were there for 5 weeks in December/January, so not the best time to join a team.
Thank-you! I will definitely check it out!

Back