Neoliberalism In Argentina In The Past 10-20 Years

I
Actually it is. The problem is that the planet has limited resources and the entire world now wants to have a house in the burbs, 2 cars, a large TV, itoys

I agree on the limit resources to one extent but perhaps this video might explain things better.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/QPKKQnijnsM

You are asumming that neoliberal economy dogmas are good.

Without any political comment, those dogmas cannot work out because the tax evasion is too high in Argentina. If you don t collect enough money, you have 2 choises: 1) to print 2) to take international loans to pay the expenses of everyday. This is the way it worked neoliberal dogmas in Argentina and it was a disaster. It is suicidal to apply neo dogmas without proper background conditions. The 2 times they were used, the international debt rised about 90 billion dollars. In 1974 we didn t have almost any debt. The huge actual debt is product of the 2 periods were the neo dogmas were enforced.

The way of neo dogmas were applied was to dismantle the control institutions under the euphemism of decreasing the size of the State. You cannot collect more if you make afip and other institutions smallers.

The K are serious about what they are doing: They print money because they have to; they don t take loans; they work very hard against tax evasion.

If you see the conflict with Scioli, he wants to take an international loan to pay the salaries of the teachers this year intead of updating the tax on land (you pay tax on land according to the value of the land. The land in BA state rised about 300% the price in dollars plus the rise of the price of the dollar, about another 100%). So Scioli is not serious.

Even her husband was super pragmatic, she still is.

Regards.

Your quote shows that the real root of the problem is not neoliberalism or Keynesian economics, but corruption. Why do Argentines evade taxes? Because they believe their government is stealing much of it. Unfortunately, this is true. The Kirchner have embezzled millions of dollars out of the country to Cuba and then to their Swiss bank accounts. The Kirchner family is estimated to be worth 3 billion. Want to make a contract with the government? It will cost you 10 to 50 percent of your profit (thus inflating prices and wasting our money). Everyone in the government right now, from the little guy to the big guy, is stealing everything that's not nailed down. Really, in this respect, Kirchner and the people they have installed are actually worse than Menem. Why do you expect people to not evade taxes? Instead, Argentina needs leadership with great integrity that will expel all these people in government positions and replace them with other people of integrity, and go after corruption. Then they need to make the tax code much simpler, simplify the process of tax collection, and lower taxes across the board. Then cut down AFIP (after simplifying, won't need all those corrupt employees), and give AFIP the ability to prosecute those that evade taxes (while installing people in AFIP with the utmost integrity, and paying them a fair salary). It will cut down on tax evasion and the government will actually collect more. Allowing the Kirchner to expand the AFIP is like letting the Mafia into your living room.

Often wonder and question these presentations on tax burden.If what they say is true, I should not be paying any US federal income tax. However, in real life, my federal income tax is 20% of my personal retirement income: +65. Guess once again, am the odd man out.

Back