Netflix - No More Proxy

Is piracy even illegal here in Argentina? I know they were trying to block the piratebay, very clumsily of course, but I guess no one will really do anything to you.

I'd guess the people on Santa Fe selling DVDs are not really distributors of licensed movie copies... ;)
Personally, the main reason of using torrents for me is that its the best system in terms of usability. Once I told the software all TV shows I'm interested in, everything from searching all episodes to downloading and putting it onto the media server works without moving a finger and once a new episode is ready to watch, I get a notification on my notebook. With the internet quality here and especially now facing occasional blackouts, having the files locally is just way more practical than trying to stream when the internet is slow or the power is gone.

I'm using streaming only for sport events. Even when I coulf watch it legally, I stream 2500kbs, because I'm fed up of Argentinian services (not only one time they finished event I was watching too early, or some match just doesn't exists).

For all the rest torrents of course. First, you check better and don't watch crap later, second, you can choose quality and subtitles..

I'm willing to pay stuff, but sadly if I would like to watch half things I want, I should subscribe to everything what exists here. The other half such as winter sports, I don't have chance anyway :)

So for me, the piracy it is ;)

Yes, it is.

There is still Hola, where I watch Hulu, for example.

I have been having trouble with Netflix, even in the US, where they have narrower selection to watch instantly almost every year. Unless you have both DVD and watch instantly movies/

I don't know if it's legally and morally comparable, or even the same as using proxies, but with current speeds downloading a show via torrnt, watching it, and then erasing it (to free space) works pretty much in the same way as streaming and perhaps even offers more variety (I just binge-watched Okkupert with English subtitles, which I believe is not yet available in the market).
If you feel either guilty or satisfied by the show you can always send a gift to the writers, or even send a perhaps tax-deductible donation to the European Commission for Culture and Education.
I have been successful in downloading movies in the past but subtitles have been disaster. I like to use English subtitles as my hearing isn't 100% but I have never been able to find any that sync with the movie.

Any hints would be appreciated.

T/

I have been successful in downloading movies in the past but subtitles have been disaster. I like to use English subtitles as my hearing isn't 100% but I have never been able to find any that sync with the movie.

Any hints would be appreciated.

T/
You probably already know this.... Amazon Prime and Netflix have very good subtitles.

Tom, do you know the site http://subscene.com? They have a large selection of subtitles in various languages and for a lot of releases. Make sure the release name matches the movie release you downloaded, otherwise you'll likely run into synchronization issues. Also, some video players allow to modify the sync of video/audio/subtitles. For instance, when using VLC you can do it via Window > Track Synchronization (on OSX).

http://venturebeat.com/2016/01/22/netflix-fight-against-vpns-begins-but-its-doomed-to-fail-and-netflix-knows-it/?google_editors_picks=true

Tunnel Bear was still working as of last night for Netflix USA. The only annoyance with it is that then I can't cast to my TV and must watch on the tablet (or computer). Any ideas for how to get around using VPN but still being able to cast?

Back