New ARG banknotes will be printed with the faces of national heroes

Good luck finding the 2000 peso note. It's been hard to get 1000 pesos notes at Western Union. 500$ US in 500 pesos notes is a real pain in the ass.

500$ US in 500 peso notes is a pipe dream of mine, I've managed to get 800dollars in 100' bills from WU 3 times, paying sums like 20k pesos is fun

I've been having luck with the bigger notes at the WU on Paraná near Córdoba. Just a block away from the big WU at Córdoba y Montevideo.

I've been having luck with the bigger notes at the WU on Paraná near Córdoba. Just a block away from the big WU at Córdoba y Montevideo.
Last time I looked in there, it was closed and they were doing some kind of construction inside. They had the floor all torn up.

In any case, that's all one office; the big one on Cordoba, and the two side offices on Paraná and Montevideo, they're all connected.

I was in the big office a week ago, and they were paying people out in a bastard mix of 500's, 200's and they even gave me 20K in 100 peso notes. Suffice it to say there was a certain amount of grousing going on, and the teller was notably more surly than usual.

It occurred to me that a packet of 100 one hundred peso notes, or 10K pesos, is worth less than a single US 20 dollar bill. We're not into Weimar Republic territory yet, but you can see it off on the horizon, with a good pair of binoculars.

All I seem to get now are 1000 Peso notes, if anyone is in the Belgrano (Av. Cabildo) area and wants to exchange 100 of either (or all of) 500, 200, and 100 Peso notes, let me know.

Good luck finding the 2000 peso note. It's been hard to get 1000 pesos notes at Western Union. 500$ US in 500 pesos notes is a real pain in the ass.
My husband went to WU last week and got all $500s, it's gotten worse lol, at least previously we'd get $1,000s. Still no 100s thankfully, I'd have to politely decline if that was on offer.

Of all the K-abuk Theater, the not issuing higher denomination bank notes one always makes me laugh. Sure, THAT'S gonna stop people from thinking inflation isn't a problem, not the fact the minimum wage continues to decline, that 30m2 apartments are being listed for $600/month in CABA, and a bottle of coke requires the second largest bill in circulation these days.

The monotonous suffering is the point sometimes I wonder...

Click anywhere on the article in Spanish to open the menu. Next click on Translate to English.
1 October 2023 by Pablo Fernandez Blanco
China manufactures the new ARG “explosive”....An overwhelming amount of bills will arrive by boat to flood the streets of BA for fear that there will be a lack of money in the ATMs....From Asia comes the money to supply the ATMs in the month of the election and in the month of the eventual ballotage. The Gov't ordered 2000 million $2000 bills to be printed. A blessing of the new diplomatic communion: health and the Peronist role, with the figures of Cecilia Grierson and Ramón Carrillo, will arrive abundantly from the country led by Xi Jinping, with whom Kirchnerism seeks to establish more and more ties.

There is new data. Unlike the $2000 bill that is on the street today, the new one will have a security thread (the same one used for the US$100 bill) and will be very expensive. No less than US$117 per thousand. Cristina Kirchner is right : the most successful capitalist system is that of China, as she said on May 6, 2022 in Chaco. The number of bills that were ordered from China to flood the streets in Argentina is overwhelming. It represents almost triple the annual production capacity of Casa de Moneda, the local printing press that on normal occasions could easily supply the country's need for currency.

Imported bills is the other side of Massa's "plan platita.” So much money is needed that it will not only arrive by plane, as is usual, but ships will also be used, usually intended for larger loads. Two ships will moor in the port of BA on November 4 and 5 with 380,000 thousand bills. The situation, however, does not allow to wait that long. For this reason, a DHL plane will arrive ahead this week with 98,000 thousand of those bills....

15 September 2023
Alert for the rejection of $2,000 bills at ATMs: where they are not accepted and what to do if you have one. Many people had
problems at different banks when depositing the new $2,000 bill. What is the solution to this problem?....

Due to a problem with ATMs, banks have alerted their customers not to make deposits at ATMs. For an ATM to accept these bills,
it is necessary for each bank's branches to configure the terminals to recognize some $1,000 bills as well as the new $2,000 bills.

What should you do if an ATM didn't accept those bills? The customer can request an exchange over the counter.
Due to this problem, banking entities affirm that it is necessary to carry out “a programming process” in the ATMs so that they
do not reject the new bills.

Back