New ARG banknotes will be printed with the faces of national heroes

I'm still waiting to see which one of us will get one first (of the 2K bill); photo evidence required!

It was announced on February 2nd, putting it's value at $5.30, and as of today I still haven't encountered
one personally, and it's now worth $3.83. President Panqueque is following both Cristina and Alberto's
legacy of pretending that if you don't print higher denomination bills, people won't think inflation is an issue.
I had a 2K bill a few weeks ago. My portero traded it to me for two 1Ks. But no photo as it is long gone! I received $700US worth of pesos through WU earlier this week and not a 2K bill in sight.

I had a 2K bill a few weeks ago. My portero traded it to me for two 1Ks. But no photo as it is long gone! I received $700US worth of pesos through WU earlier this week and not a 2K bill in sight.
Seriously~! My last trip to WU they couldn't even give me all 1K notes. I got a bastard mixture of 500's, 200's and more 100's than I liked, and this was first thing in the morning; they hadn't yet been open 15 minutes.

Speaking of WU, tried to pick up $800 USD today and it was too much, WU was only doing $100K ARS or less, a sign of the times, can't even get $200 dollars on a Saturday

I'm still waiting to see which one of us will get one first (of the 2K bill); photo evidence required!

It was announced on February 2nd, putting it's value at $5.30, and as of today I still haven't encountered
one personally, and it's now worth $3.83. President Panqueque is following both Cristina and Alberto's
legacy of pretending that if you don't print higher denomination bills, people won't think inflation is an issue.
Between when I posted this, and I finally got my hands on one, it's value has decreased to $3.63

money.jpg

It's ugly, features the friend/employer of a Nazi, and will be worthless in a year, but it still beats
$100 peso bills

There are also new 1000 Peso notes, with a similar plasticky feel, but with the metallic stripe which is missing in the 2000 Peso note. I was told by someone who knows about these things that the new notes are proving to be less durable than the old, and are not being actively put into circulation.

There are also new 1000 Peso notes, with a similar plasticky feel, but with the metallic stripe which is missing in the 2000 Peso note. I was told by someone who knows about these things that the new notes are proving to be less durable than the old, and are not being actively put into circulation.
I suspect that the reason for that can be found in post #31 in this thread by @gracielle

My post on July 14:
I believe the new version of the $1000 peso note will be put into mass circulation quicker than the $2000 note. It's another political maneuver in a feeble attempt to mask the rapid escalation rate of inflation during this election year.

24 May 2023
Where are the 2000 Argentine peso banknotes printed? The first series of banknotes was entirely produced by the ARG Casa de Moneda. The second series, scheduled for delivery between September of this year and April 2024, will be manufactured in Brazil, Spain and China and then shipped to Argentina.

Updated on July 28, 2023

circulacion/
....In 2022, the Central Bank of Argentina (BCRA) and the ARG Casa de Moneda announced the launch of a series of ARG peso banknotes commemorating historical figures. In July, 2023, the new $1000 banknote with the image of General José de San Martín was presented, being the first of this project announced by President Alberto Fernández a year ago.
In this collection, four different values of banknotes will be incorporated....The set of new banknotes is composed of the following historical figures: María Eva Duarte de Perón ($100), Martín Miguel de Güemes and Juana Azurduy ($200), María Remedios del Valle and Manuel Belgrano ($500), and José de San Martín ($1,000). During the presentation of the project Miguel Pesce, President of the BCRA, also provided details on the security measures that the banknotes will include. According to his words: "The banknotes will have six security measures observable to the naked eye. Infrared reactive ink that together with magnetism allows mechanical recognition and also recognition measures for visually impaired persons."

Back