New ARG banknotes will be printed with the faces of national heroes

I've yet to come across a 2,000p note. Maybe it was all a dream.
I saw two big stacks of them the other day in one of the cuevas I go to. He gave me bills of 1000, though. I don't know what it says when the cuevas have them and the ATMs don't. I went to the ATM today, the day before a four day weekend, and they're still giving bills of 1000. All the ATMs will be empty by Sunday morning.

I saw two big stacks of them the other day in one of the cuevas I go to. He gave me bills of 1000, though. I don't know what it says when the cuevas have them and the ATMs don't. I went to the ATM today, the day before a four day weekend, and they're still giving bills of 1000. All the ATMs will be empty by Sunday morning.
I have a cueva contact and the bills I get are nearly always freshly printed, like with the serial numbers all in order. That money comes straight off the printer and into the black market, it’s crazy

I've yet to come across a 2,000p note. Maybe it was all a dream.
I remember in 2017/18 it took a good few months to be the 1000 peso bill when it was new.

That said it was worth 10x times more than 2000 is now.

Automatic Google Translation of entire article:
14 July 2023
....After it became known that a new version of the $1000 bill would be made with the image of José de San Martín, the Central Bank of the Argentine Republic (BCRA) finally put it into circulation this Friday. Progressively, the paper money will be distributed through the network of different bank branches throughout the country....

Automatic Google Translation of entire article:
14 July 2023
....After it became known that a new version of the $1000 bill would be made with the image of José de San Martín, the Central Bank of the Argentine Republic (BCRA) finally put it into circulation this Friday. Progressively, the paper money will be distributed through the network of different bank branches throughout the country....
Yeah, yeah, yeah, my ass it will. They announced the "arrival" of those 2000 ARS notes months ago, and I have yet to see a single one.

No disrespect at all intended to you, Gracielle. My ripely contemptuous cynicism is directed at the AR government.

I have to admit that i had a few of them already (received them from WU), also paying in the shops was not an issue. They seem to recognize the bill so it's not a hoax :)

Yeah, yeah, yeah, my ass it will. They announced the "arrival" of those 2000 ARS notes months ago, and I have yet to see a single one.
I believe the new version of the $1000 peso note will be put into mass circulation quicker than the $2000 note. It's another political maneuver
in a feeble attempt to mask the rapid escalation rate of inflation during this election year.

I'm still waiting to see which one of us will get one first (of the 2K bill); photo evidence required!

It was announced on February 2nd, putting it's value at $5.30, and as of today I still haven't encountered
one personally, and it's now worth $3.83. President Panqueque is following both Cristina and Alberto's
legacy of pretending that if you don't print higher denomination bills, people won't think inflation is an issue.

Back