New At Rio Soup Kitchen: Argentines

Anyone talking crap about milanesas???? ojito eh i'm watching you ;)

On my small sample size I'd clearly say yes, but I found the food not only in Brazil better, but also in Chile and Peru...

Peru has the best food on the continent, by far. Chile has superb seafood, but the preparation can be dire in some places. On balance, I consider Argentine food pretty good, but I don't know enough to comment about Brazil (though I enjoy moqueca de peixe and caipirinhas).

Argentines will do the same thing here in Argentina. I have worked at soup kitchens and extremely calloused and stupid people would come in and eat for lunch at the soup kitchen because their work was close and it was cheap.

And I wouldn't bash the food. Soup kitchens can make some pretty good food.

Camberiu: Is the food so much better in your country?

Not just Brazil but anywhere is Latin America. Peru in particular is on a league of its own in terms of food. I find Argentine food the most uncreative, souless, plain, boring and tasteless food of any country I ever visited.

The same could be said about lower middle class immigrants from first world countries that come to Latin America to take advantage of the cheaper prices and overall cost of living.

Arguments can be made on all sides. The truest and wisest statement ive heard regarding this was the woman quoted in the piece " let them come, everyone has a right to eat". Its funny the euros and the north americans living cheaply in argentina taking advantage of government subsidies not meant for them, per say, ard the ones complaining while many Brazilians themselves dont even seem to care. In fact, many take the high road.

I guess civilization isnt just software and cheap consumer electronics from Asia.

Argentines will do the same thing here in Argentina. I have worked at soup kitchens and extremely calloused and stupid people would come in and eat for lunch at the soup kitchen because their work was close and it was cheap.

And I wouldn't bash the food. Soup kitchens can make some pretty good food.

Back