New boat for buquebus

glasgowjohn

Registered
A friend who works with Buquebus on a number of projects in MVD mentioned to me that the company is going to introduce a new catamaran built in Australia over the next few weeks – he thinks it will be in operation by the beginning of November.
It will have a capacity for 1000 passengers and will be powered by Liquid Natural Gas.
It will cut the journey time by at least 45 minutes, to 2 hours and 15 minutes.
If the claims are true and prices stay the same, it really makes the Aeroparque – Carrasco option a non-starter.
The boat will also have a 1000 sqm duty free shop, which they claim will be the biggest floating duty free shop in the world.

Think i will stick to the flying pigs rather than wait around for super cat!!!

This is welcome news, I hope it doesnt come with an increase in costs. I just got back from a one week mini vacation in MVD where my girlfriend had to go for work. We had a little race from the hotel in Buceo to her apartment in Caballito. She went by aerolineas, I by buquebus, taxis to and from airports/ports. After one of the regular-as-clockwork delays in aerolineas's service I ended up traveling 45 minuets more quickly than she did.

Back