New Electric Bill Arrived: And The Total Is....

My latest bill (for 62 days) arrived today. I used 219 kh and the rate jumped to .7911 per kh. The charge for electricity used plus fees is $336.

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]The tasa de alumbrado publico is back and the charge is now 55 pesos per month, so that adds $110. [/background]

The four taxes (including IVA) total $105 and the total bill is $551.

The latest bill (for 62 days) shows a rate of $1.2543 per/kkh.

I used 297 kw and the charge for electricity (with a few other additions) is $524.

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]The tasa de alumbrado publico is still $55 pesos per month, so that adds $110.[/background]

The four taxes (including IVA) total $161 and the total bill is $796.

That's still less than $25 USD per month..

I'm confused - what is the exchange rate? 796/17.5 = $45.48 USD, at the blue rate I get.

As noted in my post, the billing period was 62 days.

I figured that 62 days was the equivalent of two months (like July and August)..

Soooooooo:, $45.48/2 = $22.74 USD (which appears to be less than $25 USD).

I hope that clears it up.

The latest bill (for 62 days) shows a rate of $1.2543 per/kkh.

I used 297 kw/hrs and the charge for electricity (with a few other additions) is $524.

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]The tasa de alumbrado publico is still $55 pesos per month, so that adds $110.[/background]

The four taxes (including IVA) total $161 and the total bill is $796.

That's still less than $25 USD per month..

I paid he "latest bill" which I refereed to in the above quote on November 24th, but I had to go to the office of thee co-op to ask for a copy as the original never arrived in "the mail" (they're hand delivered by an employee of the co-op).

I didn't look at the dates on the bill.; I thought I was paying a factura that was due on November 10 but the billing period actually had closed on September 9th and was due before October 10th.

This week I received the latest bill for 63 days of service through the 13th of November. The total is $953.57.

I used less electricity during this billing period. The rate had not increased but the bill was about $150 pesos higher than the previous one.

The charge of the electricity is $642 and the taxes total $200 pesos.

There is also the tasa de alumbrado publico of $110 (for two months).

The previous bill showed a deduction of $101 pesos for a "diferencia costo mayorista a recuparar" (for the first time ever), but there was no such deduction on the new factura.

In any case, the cost for the electricity I used during the latest billing period was (at an exchange rate of 17.5 to one) was $27.25 USD per month.

PS: it's worth noting that, if the bill continues to increase by 10% every two months, during 2018, the cost of electricity will increase by 60%.

So I won't be surprised if the bill is over $1600 (for two months) a year from now.

Still, even if it increases to $1600P in a year, not even $100USA for 2 months, not so bad.
N

Time for an update:

The total bill for the 58 days ending January 10th was $723 pesos for 180 KW hrs.

The cost of the electricity was $420

My usage was 38% less then the same billing period in 2015.

The tasa de alumbrado was $55 pesos per month.

The taxes were $192,75.

The total bill for the 61 days ending March 3rd was $878,38 pesos for 140 KW hrs.

The cost of the electricity was $419.13

The My usage was 38% less then the same billing period in 2015.

The tasa de alumbrado increased to $80 pesos per month.

The taxes were $227.

My usage was 52.55% less then the same billing period in 2015.

The reasons for the drop in electricity used are:

1. I got rid of DirectTV and the receiver is no longer in use. I actually started unplugging it when not in use last December after watching a youtube video that claimed it was using about 600 watts even when I wasn't watching TV.

2, I unplug my refrigerator at night but everything stays cold because I keep four plastic ice cream containers full of water in the "freezer"compartment which does not have a separate door (even on the inside) and there is still 50% ice in them in the morning. Besides, I never have anything that would "spoil" in the fridge overnight (no meat or frozen food, just fresh veggies, butter and a few condiments that contain a lot of spices).

PS: The reason I am charged the tasa de alumbrado is that I requested a street light to be installed directly in front of my house.

Last edited:
Time for an update:

1. I got rid of DirectTV and the receiver is no longer in use. I actually started unplugging it when not in use last December after watching a youtube video that claimed it was using about 600 watts even when I wasn't watching TV.

Steve, can you help me with the math. What was DirectTV costing you per month?

Steve, can you help me with the math. What was DirectTV costing you per month?

The last month was $685 for prepaid "plata" service (84 channels no HD). It would have cost $750 if billed monthly.

There is also a "bronce" perpaid service that costs $530 per month. It has fewer channels and none are HD.

There are no prepaid plans that offer any channels in HD.

The "oro" service for $1060 billed monthly has 125 channels but there is a promo that adds 64 channels in HD at no extra cost for 12 months.

You can see all the plans here: https://www.directv.com.ar/ofertas/...=CARACTERES-HD-ESTRELLA&utm_campaign=External

Scroll down to the black box at the bottom of the page and click on the plans and services to read all of the details.

I just got my most recent Edenor bill, and it went from 131 pesos a few months ago, to 2500 pesos. Was there just a huge price hike I didnt read about?

Back