New Entry "Reciprocity" Fee for US, Canada, Australian Citizens...

iStar said:
Not worried or bitching. I have a EU passport = NO FEE :)

I thought the info might be of benefit to others.

They can decide for themselves if they want to worry or bitch ;)

Lucky you (to have an EU passport).

You can continue to bitch about the sidewalks, garbage and pollution, until you leave...or die (tripping on a broken sidewalk and stumbling into the path of a bus).

Life means a lot more than that to me.

steveinbsas said:
Lucky you (to have an EU passport).

You can continue to bitch about the sidewalks, garbage and pollution, until you leave...or die (tripping on a broken sidewalk and stumbling into the path of a bus).

Life means a lot more than that to me.

Or die?

Steve, chill out.

Nationality reminds me of the cliques in high school. (I was the closeted gay guy that everyone knew about, as well as the Spanish Club president. I was not popular. :) This is why I side with the "losers" ... )

Anyway, I think we would be better off without both.

ssr said:
Or die?

Steve, chill out.

You will die somewhere, won't you?

"Chill out" is such a cute expression.

You can't live (or survive) by it here, can you?

Try it when you are being robbed.

BTW: I was hit by a taxi IN the crosswalk today.

I wasn't hurt (thanks to good reflexes), but the driver didn't stop.

It's only a matter of time for all of us.

One way or anther.

It's just life's (ultimate) reciprocity.

Is it a ten-year thing? Life of the passport? Any indication anywhere of how they will keep track of who's paid it? Something they staple to your passport like in Chile?

I have to get a new passport very soon so I'd like to know if I'm going to have to pay this when I get back from Brazil in a week with my current passport and then again if I come down with a new passport in a few months. The immigration site linked to earlier in this thread doesn't seem to provide much information.

ssr said:
Is it a ten-year thing? Life of the passport? Any indication anywhere of how they will keep track of who's paid it? Something they staple to your passport like in Chile?

I have to get a new passport very soon so I'd like to know if I'm going to have to pay this when I get back from Brazil in a week with my current passport and then again if I come down with a new passport in a few months. The immigration site linked to earlier in this thread doesn't seem to provide much information.
The article says they are charging an equal amount to each country and for the same length of time, they do not give any more specifics. Also they say it will only be charged at Ezeiza airport at first, so if you fly to Uruguay and then take a Buquebus, or you enter the country through any other point you will not be charged by now.

iStar said:
...All I can say is poor is the country who's survival depends on another.

You mean how Americans depend on Latin-Americans to mow their lawn, fix their roof, wash their carpets, build their houses, condos and malls for cheap?

iStar said:
...Last time I checked Blackberry, Apple, Nokia and LG were not made in Argentina...

You are right, they are all made in China. Even those products sold in the US are made in China. Even My Macbook has the beautiful cliche "Designed in California, Made in China"

Does the word China ring a bell to you? Hello McFly? China are among the biggest lenders and creditors of the US (along with Japan) with 44% of the US National Debt.

And Yes, our Industry sucks BIG time and I don't deny it: poor quality for a LOT of money.

Back