New Exchange Rate On Wednesday

I remember so well some 35 yrs ago when there was a feriado bancario, that meant bad news! massive devaluations at the time. I guess we will see! Que Dios nos ayude!

There is no feriado bancario...and while we're at it, the sky hasn't fallen yet either.

What's up with all this fear mongering folks?

I was merely stating a fact from the past! If you were here then and old enough to remember it, you'd know it was how it was!

No doubt fasten your seat belts this could get nasty hopefully the masses understand this is not the witchcraft of Macri but the bruja that just left. Oh what a tangled web they weaved when first the Ks practiced to deceive.

I understand who wichcrafted that, but it will still hurt to loose cheap dólares ;) Suddenly I'll be much poorer...

Pensador, why do I find myself wishing that you and bajo shared a room?

That would last about 2 minutes and the video I am sure would go viral. So the answer is you want to see that video and believe me you do not want to see such a video.

I understand who wichcrafted that, but it will still hurt to loose cheap dólares ;) Suddenly I'll be much poorer...

I think you meant cheap pesos or am I wrong? Because the dollar is not going to get cheaper the pesos is. If I am wrong please correct me. And with the fed raising rates I think it might get worse. Here we have seen a nearly 30% reduction in the URU pesos. When I came here it was around 19 now it is almost 30.

Edit. This was is a joke post.. before you all start beating on me.

I have every faith in Prat Gay that he knows what he's doing. Same for the whole administration.
They've hit the ground running and in just one week into their mandate, have fulfilled numerous promises of their campaign, which 51% of the population voted for after all.
It's going to be a very short honeymoon, if at all. Just look at what they've inherited.
On the other hand, I don't expect it to be comfortable over the next few months, but by heck, it does appear that the Argentine economy is in the hands of people who understand economics, rather than a bunch of chimps, as was the case beforehand.

I have every faith in Prat Gay that he knows what he's doing. Same for the whole administration.
They've hit the ground running and in just one week into their mandate, have fulfilled numerous promises of their campaign, which 51% of the population voted for after all.
It's going to be a very short honeymoon, if at all. Just look at what they've inherited.
On the other hand, I don't expect it to be comfortable over the next few months, but by heck, it does appear that the Argentine economy is in the hands of people who understand economics, rather than a bunch of chimps, as was the case beforehand.

What really has impressed me is that the majority knew it would take some pain and decided to vote that way anyway. Which really says allot in my thinking. But then again the pain of K was hard too I am sure. My wife is completely positive in this time and very happy and wants to go home I have told her lets watch for a time and see.

Back