New Family In Ba

I see your point. Its just that I know lots of people who instead of experiencing BsAs openly they lock up, imprisionig themselves in the northern suburbs, having their lives as much american as they can. If they could recreate everything or bring everything, they would do it!! And Im aware this happens only with americans, no other nationality has these requests, or these wishes to turn their new country into America.

Wait wait Matias! I don't usually weigh in on these discussions, but in my opinion you just really propagandized what the op is saying. There's a huge difference between wanting to reside in a neighborhood that feels more familiar to someone and their "trying to turn their new country into America".! If you were relocated temporarily somewhere in the world with your family you would probably want to make them as comfortable as possible. That might mean choosing an area with other Argentines or Spanish speakers within your host country. But that doesn't make you into a person trying to change that country into a little Buenos Aires. Have some empathy!

Matias's point of some foreigners (though not only US citizens) isolating themselves is a valid one. It's also true of many Argentines trying to isolate themselves from their own country.

Wait wait Matias! I don't usually weigh in on these discussions, but in my opinion you just really propagandized what the op is saying. There's a huge difference between wanting to reside in a neighborhood that feels more familiar to someone and their "trying to turn their new country into America".! If you were relocated temporarily somewhere in the world with your family you would probably want to make them as comfortable as possible. That might mean choosing an area with other Argentines or Spanish speakers within your host country. But that doesn't make you into a person trying to change that country into a little Buenos Aires. Have some empathy!

If I had to been relocated, I would try to live in a quiet place, but not in an international bubble. I d took Palermo or San Telmo or Belgrano R, beautiful neighborhoods of upper classes, in the middle of the city.
This said, as Id be a foreigner, I probably will feel some empathy with other relocated families. So, yes, I would want to interact with them too.
In any case, I was referring to a particular stereotype of american, with importants charges in a multinational, dont speak spanish and not want to learn it, thet want everything as similar as America: house in the suburbs, car dependency, food, etc, the famous american way of life that almost every city of the world has it.

If I had to been relocated, I would try to live in a quiet place, but not in an international bubble. I d took Palermo or San Telmo or Belgrano R, beautiful neighborhoods of upper classes, in the middle of the city.
This said, as Id be a foreigner, I probably will feel some empathy with other relocated families. So, yes, I would want to interact with them too.
In any case, I was referring to a particular stereotype of american, with importants charges in a multinational, dont speak spanish and not want to learn it, thet want everything as similar as America: house in the suburbs, car dependency, food, etc, the famous american way of life that almost every city of the world has it.

So Argentina is not América, Matías?

Hi, just for the sake of discussion, we are not American, and never lived there. And my kids speaks three languages already... Spanish will be fourth. They always lived in international community and this is why for them, that would be natural. Not trying to change anyone :)

Hi, just for the sake of discussion, we are not American, and never lived there. And my kids speaks three languages already... Spanish will be fourth. They always lived in international community and this is why for them, that would be natural. Not trying to change anyone :)

I'm going to guess that you are from Israel, and therefore legitimately have more reason to be concerned than we US citizens do, given that Israelis abroad can become targets for politically-motivated violence. Note that I'm not fishing for information, just making a surmise, given the concerns you have expressed and that you signed your name "Uri".

Also, given my record of being rather fiercely critical of Israel, let state clearly that I have zero complaint with individual Israelis, no problem at all. We are all foreigners here together, and I'm more than happy to make your acquaintance and welcome you to the group, of which I myself am only a new and very junior member.

Drives me totally crazy. The butchering of the English language(they also do it with Spanish and Italian) in Argeland.

Shopping center becomes "shopping"... without context a true horror. Country club becomes country and I reckon that's how all gated communities became "countries". I could keep going. Fo they not realize how ridiculous it sounds? No one has ever tried to set them straight? Am I the only English speaker who's driven to insanity by these things (other than ajoknoblauch)?
Coming from Texas you should be familiar with the butchering of the Spanish language by English speakers. Fahitas anyone?

Back