New Girl -- looking for recommendations on TESOL/TEFL certification

Alilou said:
So don't insult me because you are having a hard time.

I think you should brush up on your English! What part of my post said I was I was looking for work teaching English? I don't need to, nor do I want to have a job teaching English.

I think most would agree if you know someone in the industry it's easier to get in? It was a simple question if you think you would have found it as easier to find find a job if you didn't have a contact, I was asking your opinion.

If you share your thoughts, it will help out those wanting to know. That's what a forum is all about.

fifs2 said:
Argentina is a country built on contacts so who you know or can get to know is worth mentioning.

So you agree that contacts and who your know (especially if they are a friend in an Institute) helps in getting an English Job. That's about what I said.

jez said:
If everyone had friends that worked for an Institute they would be easy to get work.

fifs2 said:
Argentina is a country built on contacts so who you know or can get to know is worth mentioning. Valeria Veronia is the person who leads the English training teachers who come to where I work: See her website http://www.languagepro.com.ar/.. maybe worth dropping her a note to see if she could add you to her list. The Buenos Aires Herald is always full of ads seeking native English speakers or teachers...(not the school ads obviously). I have no idea if these sites ever produce any work but again worth trying....This isnt my metier so I cannot add much more value than this but good luck.
your link says.....

THIS WEBPAGE CANNOT BE FOUND......:rolleyes:

Jez... If you really posted that question innocently, I am sorry. But it certainly doesn't sound like it to me. And the criticism of my English skills is completely irrelevant to this discussion. AND FYI My emails are even worse. I love run on sentences and I hate using punctuation. I often make up words too. And I can do it as I please... because I am not at work.

SO my advice to newcomers is....

Try teaching English first before getting your certification. See how it goes... and if you feel like you need a course, go ahead and do it.

And connections in Argentina are very important... as they are in every country and in every industry.

And last, never teach for less than you are worth.

And be nice on this forum too. There is always someone bored and looking for a fight. Its not worth your time.

Alilou, you are always going to run into people who insult you here if you go against the vested interests and the spammers, such as those involved in the teacher training industry here.

Keep posting your ideas and experiences, whether people disagree with you or not (some will validly, and some will just try to discredit you to push their product), it is important that you do.

Cheers.

Back