New Immigration Decree, Long Life To King Macri!

Bajo_cero2

Registered
The King wants to change radically the immigration and citizenship law by decree. The Republic has died, long life to the King.
Among other modifications, youc can be arrested and deported without deportation order and without Court control.
Nice, I feel at the 4th Reich.

https://m.facebook.com/notes/cels-centro-de-estudios-legales-y-sociales/migrantes-en-jaque-una-reforma-migratoria-fuera-de-la-ley/1216193545101820/

Here is an instant google translation of the link provided by Dr. Rubilar:

The national government will modify the migration laws 25,871 and of nationality 346 by means of a decree of necessity and urgency. The DNU project that we accede to changes the paradigm of the current law: it expands the causes that allow the detention and expulsion of irregular migrants; Enables the review of all the radications granted to those who have a criminal record or conviction, regardless of the type of crime or its procedural situation; Modifies the procedures of expulsion so that they are immediate, without judicial control nor an adequate legal defense; Eliminates family unity and rooting as conditions that prevent expulsion.

The proposal also seeks to change access to Argentine nationality: rather than requiring the applicant to prove more than two years of residence in the country, he proposes that the request be evaluated by a federal judge once it is shown that that residence is " legal". In this way reinstates the criterion that had established the last civil-military dictatorship and that was modified by the government of Raul Alfonsín.

The text is a regression for the rights of migrants. Its effect will be the implementation of a powerful tool of social control by outside the law. Poor migrants will be exposed to more fragility: precarious jobs, harassment of the security forces, lower school enrollment and access to the health system in the face of the constant threat of capture by the criminal justice system.

A migrant person - whether he has a regular residence or not - who survives from the street sale can be prosecuted, for example, for his economic activity or for resisting eviction on public roads. Judges and prosecutors will have the obligation to notify the National Immigration Directorate of the existence of criminal cases in which a migrant is identified as responsible, which will trigger the initiation of expulsion proceedings or review of residencies already granted. With the sole prosecution for any crime that provides for deprivation of liberty may be expelled from the country, with little chance of defending itself in the immigration process.

If the government decides to move forward with this reform, bypassing again Congress will be giving serious signals: it will restrict human rights without any parliamentary control and will establish a migratory policy contrary to the international commitments assumed. In addition, it will do so by a route contrary to the Constitution, since it will regulate on prohibited matter to legislate by DNU and without the required requirements. As has already happened, this shows a clear democratic deficit.

The Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (CERD), which had concluded in 2004 and in 2010 the Argentine immigration legislation, asked the government on December 9 of last year not to adopt any measures that would represent a setback against the framework Normative in force. The committee also stressed "the lack of regular and regular dialogue with migrant associations". The adoption of this DNU without any space for discussion is an extremely serious example of this lack of dialogue. The migration law 25,871 was the result of the consensus reached after a wide debate initiated in 1999 by different actors, in social, academic and legislative areas, that allowed the revocation of the decree law of migrations, denominated "Law Videla".

The government announces this reform as part of its security policies. President Mauricio M acri stated, for example, that "for lack of action we can not allow crime to continue to choose Argentina as a place to come and commit a crime". To present it in this way is to make misleading use of information. The participation of migrants in the total number of crimes is not significant: less than 5% of the prison population is foreign. It happens, however, that some cases that involved foreign people were serious and / or widespread. However, the law in force already establishes the mechanisms to expel those who had processed for serious crimes (such as drug trafficking). That is to say: the reform of the law is not directed at those who commit serious crimes, but rather to broaden and tighten the control of those who commit misdemeanors or illegal acts (such as street selling). For these reasons the impact of this measure will be less for crime prevention and will be significant in restricting the rights of poor migrants. It is therefore a clear policy of social exclusion.

For years, the association between migrants and crime has been used by governments, always with the same goals: to install a false problem to move more urgent and relevant issues from the public agenda and, at the same time, to show a supposed commitment to prevention Of the crime that avoids addressing serious security and violence issues.

Draconian.

We live in dangerous times for human rights, democracies and citizenship - Macri, Theresa May, Trump who all see themselves as kings ruling by edict or some claimed royal prerogative.

(We Brits are awaiting a Supreme Court decision on this very thing in connection with May ending our EU citizenships and the human and social rights that we directly gained from that status - gender equality, employee rights and free movement. Why? Because her main goal is to stop immigration into the UK even that of citizens of 27 other EU countries who legally reside,in the UK, Millions of us can't plan our futures or know where we'll be living or even with our spouses, raise families, work or have access to a public health system. May has told everybody that we are her 'negotiating capital' and that's why she can't divulge to even Parliament her plans or allow it to interfere with them - because the UK needs to and shall become great again.)

Draconian.

We live in dangerous times for human rights, democracies and citizenship - Macri, Theresa May, Trump who all see themselves as kings ruling by edict or some claimed royal prerogative.

(We Brits are awaiting a Supreme Court decision on this very thing in connection with May ending our EU citizenships and the human and social rights that we directly gained from that status - gender equality, employee rights and free movement. Why? Because her main goal is to stop immigration into the UK even that of citizens of 27 other EU countries who legally reside,in the UK, Millions of us can't plan our futures or know where we'll be living or even with our spouses, raise families, work or have access to a public health system. May has told everybody that we are her 'negotiating capital' and that's why she can't divulge to even Parliament her plans or allow it to interfere with them - because the UK needs to and shall become great again.)

Please enlighten me, if you will. Theresa May is "ending our EU citizenships and the human and social rights that we directly gained from that status - gender equality, employee rights and free movement ...?" And as for why: "[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Because her main goal is to stop immigration into the UK even that of citizens of 27 other EU countries who legally reside,in the UK."[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]When did that become her goal? She was a Remain supporter during the campaign and has said that she'll take Brexit forward because the voters approved it. How did this now become her problem? [/background]

http://www.euronews.com/2016/07/12/what-is-theresa-may-s-view-on-brexit

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Looks like the UK voters are the ones who did all this, not her. [/background]

EjLarson, are you saying that the holocaust ocurred and it was legitimate because this is what germans voted?

EjLarson, are you saying that the holocaust ocurred and it was legitimate because this is what germans voted?

Better brush up on your English, Bajo. The subject is not "Is Brexit good?" The subject, if you'll try to read more carefully this time, is: "Is Theresa May responsible for the results of Brexit?"

No need to thank me. Just doing my job.

(And if you think the Germans ever voted on the Holocaust, you'll need some additional history lessons, as well.)

Better brush up on your English, Bajo. The subject is not "Is Brexit good?" The subject, if you'll try to read more carefully this time, is: "Is Theresa May responsible for the results of Brexit?"

No need to thank me. Just doing my job.

Your job is to be patronising and snarky? Who's paying you?

Hello bajo_cero

I'm trying to understand what this means. I currently have my case within the courts in Córdoba. Does this change my chances of getting the citizenship you think? How quickly will this go into effect?

I do not have a current residency (though I started with a valid residency and it expired) - should I be scrambling to get my residency active again to proceed with the citizenship?

Do you think they will not allow citizenship now with this new decree???

Curious what you think for people that already started the process last year and are waiting for it to be processed.

Some vast, right-wing conspiracy, I suppose. But their checks always bounce, so this is for free.

Did you have a comment on the content of the posts?

Tell you what... leave out the patronising, snarky comments and I'll try to comment solely on the content of the posts.

Actually I was going to say that I think you have a simplified view of Theresa May's Remain/Brexit stance. When she was Home Secretary it was she that implemented a pre Brexit type policy by making it very difficult for people like me born and bred in UK to bring my Argentine wife and my kid into my country....Her remain stance was a tactical one as she had her eyes on the leadership and what was seen before the referendum as the most likely outcome. When she realised that the majority wanted to Brexit (even if Brexiters were sold on a pack of lies) she's been very unremainery. Nothing to do with nobely respecting the vote and democracy. Just words thats all.

Back