New in BA - advice on where to live

Thanks so much everyone for your really helpful responses and tips! I am going to go for Las Canitas, let's hope it doesn't flood!

sa122 said:
Thanks so much everyone for your really helpful responses and tips! I am going to go for Las Canitas, let's hope it doesn't flood!

I've been living on Arce/Chenaut for 3+ years, the street has flooded to the point of being unpassable about 3 times... unfortunately all three times were last summer. We got something like 190mm of rain in an hour and the street flooded tremendously.

However it is a pretty rare occurence... the place that floods more is the corner of Humboldt and Sta Fe, which if you take the bus is a pain.

The other possible option to get to work could be the train from either 3 de Febrero or Lisandro de las Torres station to Retiro and then cab / subte / walk depending on where you're going from there (I can't remember exactly where you said). The train to Retiro from here is only 5-7 mins. This is more dependent on what time of day you're going in as to whether it's rather unsavoury, but it does definitely cut down a lot of time. When I've had to go into the centre for tramites I'll often take the train in and bus back.

I love life in Las Canitas. I feel very safe here and the 59 bus on Maria Campos takes me to pretty much any place I want to go in the city.
Good luck!

given where you'd work i'd pick Recoleta, but without that factor, i'd choose Canitas. alot depends on what you want to do/where you want to go. for example, if you want to hit on expat undergrads, pick Recoleta so you're closer to CasaBar and Alamo.

evan said:
given where you'd work i'd pick Recoleta, but without that factor, i'd choose Canitas.

Me too! But I guess you & I are the only ones who don't like commuting. ;)

Back