New in BAires with baby

soledadhess

Registered
Hello,
I recently moved to BA from California (originaly from Iowa) with my husband and baby girl who is eleven months old. We are staying in Martinez area right now. I would love to hang out with other women with or with out children, but some other babies/kids to play with for Harlowe would be great. I usually do yoga a lot but haven't lately, so if anyone knows of some yoga places and would like to go that would be great too. or just coffee/hanging out too.
Soledad

Hi
I moved to BA with my husband and kids one week ago coming from Madrid. I'm portuguese with 2 baby boys, 2yr and 7 months old.
I'm currently living at Recoleta area. I would like to join a playgroup nearby.hang out with other women would also be great!!
Celia

I've got a really good yoga instructor and he can give classes in your home. His name is pablo and his email is [email protected] or you could call him at 15 3174 3492. My friends and I arrange our schedules to have a group of three get together, with wine and dinner afterwards. His english is amazing, but the class is in spanish. You could have a mommy-yoga day!! Super buena onda!

Hope that helps!!

I came to BA with great intentions of keeping up my yoga practice, however we ended up spending quite a bit of time touring Cordoba and Mendoza...and I've been lazy.

I haven't made it to any of these, but they were recommended to me:
Tobi Natal - http://www.tobinatal.com.ar: I was looking for prenatal yoga, but they also offer regular yoga classes. Paraguay 4694
Valle Tierra - www.valletierra.com: in Palermo, i havent tried their classes, but i hear they have many kinds of yoga and the teachers are good. COSTA RICA 4562
Buena Onda - www.buenaondayoga.wordpress.com: English and Spanish-speaking classes, many locations
Natural Deli - They offer classes at their Garistoga location in Las Canitas. Current schedule is Valeria (in Spanish) Lunes y Miércoles a las 9 am, Martes y Jueves a las 19.30 hs, Sábados a las 10 hs. Karen (in English) on Wed & Fri at 10:30am. I've been told these are very small, informal classes.

I also just moved to BA about one week ago from Los Angeles. I have a 19 month old and would love to get a mommy's group together. I am in Recoleta, (Juncal & Montevideo) near Vicente Lopez park. I also used to do yoga (Ashtanga mostly) and have been checking on places near by to get back into the swing of things. Please let me know if anyone wants to get together this week or next.

My family just moved here 10 days or so ago and I have a 11 month old that is in dire need of someone other than me to play with or maybe it is me that is in dire need of someone other than me to play with. Nevertheless, I would be delighted to meet up with some moms and babies for an afternoon in the park or something like that.

He doesn't walk yet. He crawls, but he's incredibly busy. I have heard that the Jardin Japones is wonderful. Maybe there would be nice. We are free most afternoons.

Also, I did Bikram before the baby and I saw a sign off Parque Las Heras for this place: http://www.byba.com.ar and was thinking I'd check it out once we got a bit more settled.

P.M. me and we'll make a date for the park.

AB- Hello and welcome to BA. I will meet you next week at a local park or a cafe if you like. I have a 19 month old Boy who is super active. We are right next to Vicente Lopez park (Montevideo y Juncal) or can meet at a cafe for tea time (5p or so.) Please let me know.
TG

hey,
Sounds great. You're only about 5 blocks from us. We're available any day. Just let me know.
a

Hi Ladies this might seem to reply to this as I dont have kids but... can I come play too? I am a 34 yrs old from London who is here for a few years with hubby for his work and I desperatly want to meet people who are going to be here a while. There are some wonderful people on here but I find most are a lot younger than me and not staying very long. I am here for 3 years and want to start a family while im here. I want to meet people in a similar situ to hang out with for coffee etc.

If anyone is looking to hire an English- (and some Spanish-) speaking babysitter, on a regular or occasional basis, please feel free to PM me. I am a 24 year old female with over 10 years of childcare experience, currently based in Barrio Norte. I have particular experience with infants and toddlers.

Thanks,
Lauren

Back