new in the forum, hello :)my husband want to move to BA.

L.C.C.

Registered
hello everyone,
I've been married to an argentine for a few years, we currently live in Australia however he is starting to get home sick and is proposing that we go to live in BA for 2 years. I have spent a little bit of time in the city (when visitng family) and whilst i'm not opposed to it (well not completely) i've never really fallen for the place. I'm hoping i'll either find something to be excited about living there in this forum or if not some better arguements as why not to move.
i look forward to reading your posts
lil x

Hey,

My girlfriend is Argentine and we are in the process of getting her a working holiday visa so we can go live back in Australia. I dont know what your husband is exactly missing about this place. Best of luck though

Family, indenity, sundays with family, asado, it's all quite predictable

George, can Argentines get working holiday visas for Australia? I thought only New Zealand

the working holiday for Argentines started in December, 2 of my husbands friends are staying with us at the moment. It's a lot of paper work (more so than the new zealand permit) but if you can show that you have something to go back home to then you can get a one year work visa, if you do 3 months of rural work you can apply for another year.

If i do end up going, it wouldn't be until early next year, i'm looking into fly-in-fly-out work so that i wouldn't be in the city for more than a few weeks straight. Then i could pretend i was on holiday there and not have to be concerned about all of the problems. Atleast i will have great access too good wine!

that could be right, i think it was announced in December, i remember my husband being really excited about it - finally a way for his friends to visit. The started arriving since about June (normally we have atleast 2 at a time) They bring us a steady stream of Fernet and dulce de leche so i don't complain!

2 years is quite a long time to be in a place that you don't care for. Perhaps propose 6 months as a trial period before committing to the full 2 years.
My Argentine wife usually is OK after a short visit every year and is glad she doesn't live there full time.

Hey,

My girlfriend is Argentine and we are in the process of getting her a working holiday visa so we can go live back in Australia. I dont know what your husband is exactly missing about this place. Best of luck though
Maybe that's why you are having those panics attacks,,,, you should go back to the OUTBACKS.... best of luck to you..!

LLC
I think that's a desition to make very, very, very, far away from a forum, it has to do with a lot more than other peoples opinion.

Back