New in town, working on next book

Superwuster

Registered
Hi, I'm a writer from New York. In Argentina for an indefinite period to work on my latest book in peace. I write non-fiction and some magazine pieces.

Interested if other writers are here and might want to commiserate, or at least trade ideas for good cafes to write in.

Superwuster said:
Hi, I'm a writer from New York. In Argentina for an indefinite period to work on my latest book in peace. I write non-fiction and some magazine pieces.

Interested if other writers are here and might want to commiserate, or at least trade ideas for good cafes to write in.

Can you provide a couple links (or even one) to any "magazine pieces" that have published something that you wrote?

You're in luck. Buenos Aires is filled with cafes to write in. It all depends on what sort of atmosphere you're after. Where are you staying?

Funny. I came here to write a novel and finished it last it last week. I'm returning to the United States today. I found BA to have a great atmosphere in which to write. ¡Suerte!

Hi, I arrived 9 months ago with the same baggage - I write both nonfiction and fiction. There's plenty of places that are really "comfortable" to write. I personally love the atmosphere of both bodegons "Bellagamba" (one in Palermo, near Plaza Serrano, the other one near the Congreso). Don't hesitate to contact me if you're interested in exchanging tips on good places to go to work. Suerte

Writing in cafés seems like a lot of distraction to me. Nice city though, plenty to soak up.

I'm a writer new to B.A., as well. I'm from Ohio but lived in New York for the last eight years, working as a magazine editor, and just arrived a few months ago. So far, I've found the cafe culture here to be really conducive to writing. I live in Almagro and have found some great spots near my house. Where are you staying?
Welcome to the city!

I'm here writing too. I think it depends on what you need and what you're looking for (in addition to where you're living). Do you need internet? Do you want food or just coffee? Etc. I'm happy to meet and chat if you want. I'm here another while. I'm an academic writer but would like to get into writing things that people actually read.... : )

aminarce said:
I'm a writer new to B.A., as well. I'm from Ohio but lived in New York for the last eight years, working as a magazine editor, and just arrived a few months ago. So far, I've found the cafe culture here to be really conducive to writing. I live in Almagro and have found some great spots near my house. Where are you staying?
Welcome to the city!

The cafe culture is great and there are plenty of nice cafes with good ambience. Its just too bad the coffee is crap. :cool:

Back