New(ish) in town...starting to get lonely!

egnichols

Registered
Hi all,

I'm here in Buenos Aires until July 2012, but working in La Plata several days a week. I was unable to get housing in La Plata, so I find myself coming back to BA and no colleagues or friends.

I'd love to meet some folks with whom I could try new restaurants, etc.

Thanks much!

Hi EG

A small group of us are meeting at Lembas which is in Entre Rios at Estados Unidos, on Sunday at 3pm. You're very welcome.

Gary

I'm a Fulbright scholar from the US who was originally supposed to go to Venezuela, in January. Due to the ridiculously difficult political situation between the US and Venezuela, I was unable to get a visa.
A wonderfully giving colleague at La Plata offerred me the opportunity to come, last minute to Argentina so I wouldn't lose my research leave (and the whole project), but I was unable to get housing in La Plata at such short notice, and so am living in Buenos Aires. My family's plans also did not accomodate such a turn of events, and they had to stay home.
So, while I'm going to La Plata two days a week for classes and workshops, I'm finding myself at a bit loose ends sometimes and would appreciate some chance to interact with people, since I know no one in Argentina outside of La Plata, really.
I've been a Venezuelanist for 20 years- this is all new, and Buenos Aires is lovely, and I'm enjoying it, but it does get a bit lonely to not share with anyone.
I appreciate the offer to come to Lembas tomorrow, and I am planning on it. I thank you, though I am one of the dreaded "short timers!"

I've not been long here either. PM me and we can meet up.

Why so large problem getting new friends in Buenos Aires ? Is it because its so large city and its easy to feeling anonymous ?:)

Back