New location for foreigners to apply for and renew the DNI.

Finially got through, request a turno...got one for Mar. 9th...:D

I just got through!! I cant believe it ! Thanks so much to all for the numbers! Ive got an appointment for February 10th,but she told me to make sure to take everything was needed ,but of course couldnt tell me what it was. Could I double check with you guys what I need to take that day?
1. certificado de antedecedentes penales of country of origin , and of Argentina
2. birth certif
3. photographs ??
everything translated and legalized... Am I missing something?
Thanks!!!!

my girlfriend needs a DNI, I'm going to call that number on Monday, she already has a work visa here that she got through her job, anyone else in the same situation? Should she bring her work visa and passport or would she need something else? She already took all the certificado de antecedentes penales from the US and Arg and visados and stuff when she was applying for a work visa, if anyone here did this already a couple of tips would be appreciated!

Is anyone aware of of any changes as to the documentation required to apply for the DNI for extranjeros (based on the visa for jubilados)? I believe the documents are:1) Birth Certificate with apostille and translated) 2) Certificate of domicilio and 3 the document originally provided awarding the temporary resident status and 4) maybe a copy of the passport, although I am not sure. Any direct advice or direction to another thread would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. I hope to submit the paperwork without return trips!

After almost five months of procrastination, I finally went to the new DNI tent behind the migraciones office on Antardia. Instead of going to "renew" I went to change the category from temporary to permanent, but both are done in the same place (also change of address).

I did not have a turno and you cannot make one by phone for this. I went at 10 AM and was able to walk straight to desk number 30 where I was given a turno for the 7th of April. It now costs 25 pesos for the renewal/change of address and/or category. There is no reason to go early in the morning to get a turno for this service.

DNIs do not expire, but if your certificate from migraciones is over six months old it will be necessary to get a new one before the DNI can be changed or renewed. The same applies to the certificado de domicilio.

steveinbsas said:
After almost five months of procrastination, I finally went to the new DNI tent behind the migraciones office on Antardia. Instead of going to "renew" I went to change the category from temporary to permanent, but both are done in the same place (also change of address)........ It now costs 25 pesos for the renewal/change of address and/or category.

I am assuming you had already done your tramite for the change of category (usually AR$600 from Temp. to Perm.) and you mean just get it updated/stamped in your DNI ?

steveinbsas said:
After almost five months of procrastination, I finally went to the new DNI tent behind the migraciones office on Antardia.

My daughter had her foreigner's DNI stolen. Is this where she should go to get a new one?

Thanks...

After getting the runaround between various departments of the Civil Registry and Ministry of the Interior (neither of which had any idea where I actually needed to go to get my DNI), I eventually found the tent in February.

I also went straight to one of the desks with no wait. I told them I wanted a 'turno' to apply for a DNI. They asked me what documents I had on me and I triumphantly produced everything you can possibly think of, all officialy translated and notarised as well as notarised copies of everything and a dozen perfectly framed photos with me gazing off to the left. They said they only needed to see my permanent residency visa and passport and they didn't need copies of anything. They took my fingerprints electronically, took my photo themselves, asked for 50 pesos and said my DNI will arrive in the post within 5-60 days.

No turnos, no fuss, all over in less than 15 minutes.
DNI hasn't arrived yet, but it's only been 46 days!

Al xx

jez said:
I am assuming you had already done your tramite for the change of category (usually AR$600 from Temp. to Perm.) and you mean just get it updated/stamped in your DNI ?

That is correct.

I returned to the tent today and was done in less than an hour. There weren't many people waiting and I think they were actually processing walk-ins who were there for the first time without giving a future turno.

This was my last trip to the RNP.

It is now as efficient as anyone could ever hope.

For renewal or change of category or address you only need your DNI and the certificate from migraciones and a certificado de domicilio (only if changing the address). You don't even need your passport or copies of anything!

The days of paying "laywers" big bucks for an expedited DNI are over.

steveinbsas said:
I think they were actually processing walk-ins who were there for the first time without giving a future turno.
It is now as efficient as anyone could ever hope.

For renewal or change of category or address you only need your DNI and the certificate from migraciones and a certificado de domicilio (only if changing the address). You don't even need your passport or copies of anything!

The days of paying "laywers" big bucks for an expedited DNI are over.

Erm, yeah. See my previous post.

Back