New location for foreigners to apply for and renew the DNI.

Alzinho said:
Erm, yeah. See my previous post.

Yes, you were lucky, but it won't always be the case that apps will be processed the same day. The RNP website indicates a turno is neded for new applications but not for renewals, yet a week ago they were backed up enough to be giving turnos for the renewals.

It isn't always easy being easy.

Maybe steve....but the experience of everyone who I've spoken to since the revamp of their systems (since February), have all been seen without turnos and have been dealt with remarkably quickly.

Having said that, I still haven't actually received my DNI yet....day 56 of the promised 60!

last november I was given an appointment date of june 20th, 2010 to get my first DNI...I would sure love to get one eariler than that....from some entries it sounds like I could go to the office and get the process rolling without an appointment???any one else out there working on first DNI able to walk in and get one?

studiodio said:
any one else out there working on first DNI able to walk in and get one?

Why are you asking? Just go down there!
What have you got to lose - an hour of your time?

Ok. I called today to get my turno which they wouldn't give me as it's too close to the time I need to renew my residency. They said it's best to renew the residency first then to get the DNI started.

The phone # is as mentioned in post #10 4317 0234 but it's option 3. They also said that for non-mercosur people there is a short delay. Mercusur people have a long delay as there is higher demand.

steveinbsas said:
That is correct.

I returned to the tent today and was done in less than an hour. There weren't many people waiting and I think they were actually processing walk-ins who were there for the first time without giving a future turno.

This was my last trip to the RNP.

It is now as efficient as anyone could ever hope.

For renewal or change of category or address you only need your DNI and the certificate from migraciones and a certificado de domicilio (only if changing the address). You don't even need your passport or copies of anything!

The days of paying "laywers" big bucks for an expedited DNI are over.

I agree Steve.
I remember when I started my tramite in 2005 I used an agency and their prices were quite reasonable at the time and they also knew how to oil the wheels shall we say.
When it came to the final change of category to permanent in 2009, their fees mysteriously rocketed to $4500 at which point I decided to finish it myself at migraciones and finally in the province at absolutely minimal cost.
Beware of the sharks!

Back