New Medicare cards

vtw

Registered
Have all of you eligible people received your new medicare card here in Buenos Aires?

I changed my address from the USA earlier this year but only received the verification that my address had changed at my address here.

Thanks

It is not good for here but I go back every year.

This year I will visit the regular doctor, a physical therapist, an eye doctor and I will be able to go to the YMCA gym for free while I am there.

But I need my new card this year so I have my new card number information to give when required.

So, everyone here has opted out on Medicare?

The card is mailed to the address you provided to Medicare. They won't send it to you here. Check with the post office when you get back to the USA.

Social Security has my Buenos Aires address, so when I was eligible for Medicare, I received my Medicare card here. It's useless to me since I do not travel to the USA.

I signed up for Coberatura Portena de Salud, the city's free health plan. If you have permanent residency in the city, you qualify.

Sounds like the Part B fee. Part A is free.
Johnny is correct: "Original Medicare consists of two parts: Medicare Part A (hospital insurance) and Medicare Part B (medical insurance). Medicare Part A (free) covers Medicare inpatient care, including care received while in a hospital, a skilled nursing facility, and, in limited circumstances, at home. Medicare Part B (currently $134) is your health insurance coverage. It covers two types of services, including medically necessary services to treat illnesses or conditions, such as doctor's office visits, lab work, x-rays, and outpatient surgeries, and preventive services to keep you healthy, like cancer screenings and flu shots."

Have all of you eligible people received your new medicare card here in Buenos Aires?

I changed my address from the USA earlier this year but only received the verification that my address had changed at my address here.

Thanks

I received a letter today from HHS about the new Medicard card.

"Medicare is required by law to take Social Security numbers off Medicare cards. Your new Medicare card now has a new number that's unique to you instead of a Social Security Number.

Our records show that you have an address outside the U.S. We aren't mailing new card to most people with Medicare who live outside of the U.S. This will help to protect your identity.

To get access to your new card and number:
- sign in to your MyMedicare.gov account to review or print an official copy of your Medicare card. You'll need to create an account on the site if you don't already have one.
- Call 1-800-Medicare when you return to the U.S. for health care services."

Back