New Meetup: Welcome Back To Argentina: Nostalgia Won!

rickulivi

Registered
I have set up a new meetup for any Argentine's that emigrated, and have returned part or full time to Argentina, and would like to meet others that shared that expat experience. Whether you went to the USA, Europe, Uruguay, or where ever, come meet others who are trying to integrate back into life in Argentina.

Personally, my wife (who's from Santa Cruz, Bolivia) and I left BA in 1975 but spend now a few months each year in the city. We live the rest of the time in Southern California.

The meetup is named "Welcome Back to Argentina: Nostalgia Won!" Our first meeting is scheduled for October 17, at 6:30 pm at Cafe La Biela. I will have some type of sign to identify our table.

This is the first meetup I have ever organized, so please excuse me if I don't do a great job or seem a bit disorganized!

Please let your friends, that emigrated or became expats, know of this meetup and encourage them to show up.

What a pity that you chose a Monday; I have classes at Dante Alighieri :(. BTW please check your private messages.

Silvie:

I apologize, but I am not sure I know how to access private messages!!! I did get one from you earlier (I got an email and I assume that's a pm), and I responded but perhaps that was not the correct thing to do because you may not be able to reply directly to them. Anyhow, email me at [email protected] or whatsapp at 1-714-612-8092. We can get together any other time; meet my wife and I. That will be fun, and you can help build this meetup.

By the way, I was thinking of applying for the Italian citizenship, but lots of paperwork required, so I kind of lost interest, at least for now. Enjoy your Italian classes and hope to meet you soon!

Thanks for your reply. I had never received a reply before.
You can see and reply to your messages clicking on the envelope icon located on top of the page, on the right, next to your name.

Hi - I loved staying in BA for 3 weeks last year and am coming back for a month on Oct. 21 . I would like to come to your meetings. Are you going to have a regular schedule?
thanks -
Sheri

Silvie:

I apologize, but I am not sure I know how to access private messages!!! I did get one from you earlier (I got an email and I assume that's a pm), and I responded but perhaps that was not the correct thing to do because you may not be able to reply directly to them. Anyhow, email me at [email protected] or whatsapp at 1-714-612-8092. We can get together any other time; meet my wife and I. That will be fun, and you can help build this meetup.

By the way, I was thinking of applying for the Italian citizenship, but lots of paperwork required, so I kind of lost interest, at least for now. Enjoy your Italian classes and hope to meet you soon!

Actually you don't need so many papers, the process is fairly easy. Getting the papers ready takes you around a week, and then you can start the process from Argentina, it takes 1 year / 1 year and a half depending in what province you apply, or if you want to get it fast you can always go 1 month to Italy and do it there, is extremely fast to get your Italian nationality once you are there, it took me 1 month the whole process from 0 to have my second passport. I did all by my self no help of any company but if you want to let others do it for you it will be less work for you but you will have to pay.

Thanks for planning some new social get-togethers. I too live in Southern California and have an apartment in San Telmo. I'll look forward to further events.
Raymond

I will send you a message. I made a mistake, unknowingly. I set up the meetup while I was in the States. It seems the meetup software identifies your location, and send notices to people close to you. So, I got a lot of replies from people living in the US, but that's not who I thought would join. Today I corrected my error. I am in BA.

Actually you don't need so many papers, the process is fairly easy. Getting the papers ready takes you around a week, and then you can start the process from Argentina, it takes 1 year / 1 year and a half depending in what province you apply, or if you want to get it fast you can always go 1 month to Italy and do it there, is extremely fast to get your Italian nationality once you are there, it took me 1 month the whole process from 0 to have my second passport. I did all by my self no help of any company but if you want to let others do it for you it will be less work for you but you will have to pay.
Are you saying that a person can get Italian citizenship in one month, no Italian relatives, no Italian wife, nothing? Just go to Italy for a month, do the paperwork and be a citizen?

T/

Back