New official exchange rate: 800 pesos per dollar

I was just reading that Argentina fuel prices jumped 37% after the devaluation. That food prices are greatly rising, especially beef. That inflation should rise 20-40% a month in the coming months. It's expected to stabilize a bit after several months. But eventually prices will be closer to EU and American prices than they are now. Not as much, but closer.

I was just reading that Argentina fuel prices jumped 37% after the devaluation. That food prices are greatly rising, especially beef. That inflation should rise 20-40% a month in the coming months. It's expected to stabilize a bit after several months. But eventually prices will be closer to EU and American prices than they are now. Not as much, but closer.
......and the cow will jump over the moon

......and the cow will jump over the moon
Soon you will be paying 20 dollars for a kilo of fine meat . The devaluation and getting rid of subsidies on basic services will make prices double in us dollars in 6 months for food and most items.

Just noticed my local Chinese market restocked Nampe Malbec 2023 at 1350. Based on current WU rate, it's now about US $1.30 a bottle.

Soon you will be paying 20 dollars for a kilo of fine meat . The devaluation and getting rid of subsidies on basic services will make prices double in us dollars in 6 months for food and most items.
My medication went up double in dollars from last 10th. November ..!

It all hinges on the gap between the Blue and the Official, now at 33% . I bet sooner the gap should reach 100 %. A Blue dollar of $1200 plus.

the gap only exists because the oficial is so out of line with reality. prices in pesos will go up, the blue won't, hence prices in dollars will increase dramatically.
However, in August a jump in the official exchange rate from 300 to 367 Pesos / Dollar led to the Blue Dollar rate jumping from 605 to 720. What's different now?

Back