New Online Purchasing Laws

All of this BS will backfire imho. What are people going to do with all those pesos, when they cannot spend them freely? you guessed it! They will go and buy usd.... I cannot believe such monkeys are ruling this country, and definitely cannot understand how people tolerate how they are restricting their freedom. It is beyond me.

I agree. As a neighbor, I simply cannot understand how Argentinians put up with this crap.

Reniege, may I ask why we have less and less dollars if we still have (since 2001 and going) a superavit remaining to balance trade? I mean, doesnt that give us enough dollars? we have a surplus of 900 million dollars (november 2013) and it has always been like this in the K era. If dollars doesnt come from international trade, whre do they come from?

Im asking since I really dont know and I supposed that was the main source.

Reniege, may I ask why we have less and less dollars if we still have (since 2001 and going) a superavit remaining to balance trade? I mean, doesnt that give us enough dollars? we have a surplus of 900 million dollars (november 2013) and it has always been like this in the K era. If dollars doesnt come from international trade, whre do they come from?

Im asking since I really dont know and I supposed that was the main source.

From my understanding, Argentina are not running at a budget surplus (i.e. superavit), but are running a trade surplus (which is what I think you mean by the above).

I only have a high school level of education in economics, but the two are totally separate animals.
CFK will always run a trade surplus, as she locks out the Europeans, the Asians and the Americans in order to protect local business. It is a key component of the model.
This doesn't necessarily mean you have more dollars coming into the country than are leaving the country.
You may bring in USDs with soy exports, but send out more paying off debt / bonds (or any sort of government foreign payment / investment such as new aeroplanes for the airforce etc).

I believe the problem is that the local economy is not being put to work properly by the government. As it is protected (in order to maintain the trade surplus), it is also uncompetitive and not fit to export the things it produces for local use here in Argentina. The result is a one dimensional economy that exports agriculture, whilst everyone here sells empanadas to each other in order to survive (the balance is imported under tight restrictions) and the country slowly leaks capital the whole time.

Putting measures to stem the flow of internet purchases is not going to fix anything. Only slow the inevitable as money slowly drains from the economy via the budget deficit and further capital flight. The trade surplus will just keep locals employed and hopefully happy enough to vote FPV for another term so we can all get led on this merry dance again.

Under Evita, inflation went from 24 to 444. Why didn't CFK create a $1000 note with her picture on it to herald this achievement.

Under the 2nd wife of Peron you mean, Isabelita.
During those days there was a civil war going on and Peron died.
It is known as el Rodrigazo:

http://es.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodrigazo

160% devaluación and usd rise 100% by decree in one day.

My friends in Neuquén, who are far from Kirchneristas, think the city will become the next Dubai.

Heh. Dubai has almost no oil...Abu Dhabi owns the little that it does have. During 2008-2009, Abu Dhabi bailed Dubai out of its mess. They effectively bought Dubai (Burj Khalifa, named after the ruler of Abu Dhabi, was originally supposed to be called Burj Dubai, on the day of the inauguration, little models of the Burj still had "Burj Dubai" written on them. Dubai's ruler sheikh Mohammed, or ShMo for short, was clearly pissed off when he cut the ribbon...). Seeing that all the Emirates have their own royal families and work as separate city states with their own laws and even their own immigration departments, that would be like Brazil buying Argentina.

Not sure Neuquen wants to be the next Dubai.

Can someone who has bought something overseas using their Argentine CC tell me how it works. Does the Government take the 35% tax straight away when the payment is processed?? Can you check it via your bank statement online or will it not show up until the next month? Is there a way to get the 35% back? Thanks

I *know* the word is almost a dirty word here nowadays - so I will use the abbreviation instead :) This is yet another reason to get into btc - have an e-wallet - purchase from vendors who accept btc :)

Back