New Online Purchasing Laws

I've not been hit so far (touch wood) and even today with btc all over the place (right now about 600 US) I still managed to grab 1000 bucks from my overseas account, purchase btc (about 1.4) from memory and ended up with the local Argentine purchaser depositing just under 10,000 Pesos into my account - so whatever the price at the time as long as you buy and sell at the same level you can't lose - but reading this post I was just thinking to myself - its not just good for a long term investment or for trading or for currency conversions (all done from your keyboard at home lol) its also a good idea for getting around these limitations too...

(PS I got that ''blue rate'' with AUD not USD - and the Aussie is lower at the moment :) lol I haven't had a look recently but last time I did look online merchant facilities are being implemented by sellers all over the place :)

I've not been hit so far (touch wood) and even today with btc all over the place (right now about 600 US) I still managed to grab 1000 bucks from my overseas account, purchase btc (about 1.4) from memory and ended up with the local Argentine purchaser depositing just under 10,000 Pesos into my account - so whatever the price at the time as long as you buy and sell at the same level you can't lose - but reading this post I was just thinking to myself - its not just good for a long term investment or for trading or for currency conversions (all done from your keyboard at home lol) its also a good idea for getting around these limitations too...
how?

Hi Germano - well you could have a btc account anywhere - any location - its anonymous unless you want it to be otherwise and really the only thing I would assume that the correo argentina people could do to make life hard would be in terms of physical mail delivery - then again, I'm amazed someone hasn't already set up a business over the river to handle that side of things - taking initial delivery then organizing delivery here to BA... People here tend to be *very* creative in that department...

Hi Germano - well you could have a btc account anywhere - any location - its anonymous unless you want it to be otherwise and really the only thing I would assume that the correo argentina people could do to make life hard would be in terms of physical mail delivery - then again, I'm amazed someone hasn't already set up a business over the river to handle that side of things - taking initial delivery then organizing delivery here to BA... People here tend to be *very* creative in that department...
maybe I am not fully understanding the new laws but is the AFIP requesting the taxes when the package arrives in Argentina (with certain delays)? How does bitcoin help me with that?

money laundering

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/how-a-canadian-was-charged-with-money-laundering-in-sale-of-bitcoins/article16831445/

http://www.informationweek.com/security/security-monitoring/florida-sting-nabs-alleged-bitcoin-money-launderers/d/d-id/1113767

Ok my post was held for review - so let me try again. What I don't understand is how btc can help me to around the taxes or limitations for purchasing something abroad. What would be the advantage of btc over using a foreign (Australian, European ...) credit card? Isn't it at the end AFIP holding the physical shipment no matter how I paid for it?

Back