New residency types

nikad

Registered
By provisions 1170/2010 and 1171/2010 published today in the Official Gazette, the National Immigration Office grants "special temporary residence" to "those foreigners who enter the national territory to perform remunerated or not, scientific, professional, technical, religious or artistic activities"and for those who travel for business, investments, market research or participate in exhibitions. "

In the first case it was noted that the measure "is essential for cultural development, industrial and commercial life of Argentina and that the transitional special residence is" for a period of up to one month and renewable. "

In the second case it was mentioned that "business and market research are essential to sustain and enhance the dynamics of international negotiation of the country " and that the residence in that case is up to two months with possibility of getting an extension.

http://www.infobae.com/economia/524...ros-que-arriben-fines-economicos-y-culturales

This is very interesting to me. I want to move to Argentina but I am limited by my professional background and funds. I checked out that link but unfortunately they do not provide their own links to the article that they are referencing, so essentially it's a dead end. I just can't seem to find any government website that details these provisions a bit further.

I was thinking, perhaps I could appeal to the consulate to let me do community service in one of these religious, cultural or scientific fields, like at a fine art museum. Anyone have more knowledge on these "provisions"?

I intend to call the consulate in two days when they open and see what they say. I'll report it here when I do!

Those categories are useless. Do you imagine going once a month to DGM????

If you want to come just do it and stay away from DGM and the borders.

When you have 16 months you can apply for citizenship of for permanent residency after 3 years of being illegal. Regards

Back